Sunday, November 4, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 266th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 265th Edition
  • Monday ~ ReviewRattus New Yorkus by Hunter Shea
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewCreature by Hunter Shea
  • Wednesday ~ Reviews Tour ~ Darynda Jones
  • Thursday ~ ReviewNothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp
  • Friday ~ ReviewWounded Prey by Sean Lynch
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Savage Woods by Mary SanGiovanni

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ Take It Like a Vamp by Candace Havens
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Bad Mouth by Angela McCallister
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ In His Command by Rie Warren
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ The Elusive Wife by Callie Hutton
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Grave Destinations by Lori Sjoberg
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 267th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This week has been fairly quiet. Which should have warned me I was about to get hit with more shitty news for the year. Hubby's work is laying everyone off for 8 weeks. They are repairing a large machine (it's huge, like, they built the building around it huge) that should have been fixed properly several times over the last decade, but instead they half-assed it and now it has failed completely. Since it's kind of hard to make their product without a press (impossible actually), well, he now has until January 2nd off unless the machine is fixed before then. Joy. Unemployment is shit, but it's better than nothing. We'll tighten our belts and weather it like we always do. We should be ok for November, but December is probably going to be a moneylogical nightmare. Anyway, yesterday was Gengar Day for Pokémon Go! so we went out and enjoyed ourselves. At least we'll have time to get a lot of projects done around the house. Stuff that won't cost us anything except time and sweat. Silver linings. I try to look for them.

Touching Nature: The weather has, for the most part, been fairly decent. I've not needed the heat or A/C so yay for a lower upcoming electric bill.

Book News: I'm down to 10 books I need to read for my NetGalley November and I currently have no reviews to write. Yay me! My current NG % is 71. I started last week at 67, so maybe I'll be at the coveted 80 by the end of the month. Not that it really matters. I rarely get turned down so it's up to me to curb my requests. Dammit.

If you want to join an already large and still growing book blogging group on Twitter and be featured as #theblogoftheday then head over to The Write Reads and send them a DM. Exciting things are happening there!

Don't Touch That Dial!: Trip & I finished Daredevil Season 2 and have started & finished Season 3. We need to watch Arrow Season 6 now and then...who knows? Maybe a complete Star Wars rewatch, movies and animated series in chronological order. Hubby & I are still chugging along with NCIS Season 12.

At the Flicks: Nothing yet.

Cyberspace Playground: I'm working on something that I hope to reveal soon.

Randomness: To anyone who is or has been in the military or knows someone who is/has been. This is for you. lololol

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: The above picture made me snort. Out loud. It also reminded me that a good piece of advice is to learn to delegate. Something I don't do often enough, but I'm working on it.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing this week.
Still waiting on that Buffy GN to come in.


Kindle First
November Pick



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.






8 comments:

  1. I always look for a silver lining. Sometimes it's very hard. I am sorry that happened but I am sure you all will be good. You also have something to write! Lets get going on that!!! :)

    We didn't get to go out yesterday for long since we had a party to go too. Stupid party...just kidding it was for my daughters birthday.

    I hope you have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay positive and upbeat, but this year has just sucked left and right. But you are correct. I do have something to write. A couple somethings actually. And a business to get running. So, I will charge forward on my Magestic AF Snowy Ninetails and get it done!

      I hadn't planned on us being out the entire time yesterday, but that's how it ended up. lol Happy Birthday Julia!!

      Delete
  2. Your Net Galley is better than mine. I need to update my profile and get some reviews written. I am trying to curb my temptation right now.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curbing the temptation is so hard! Especially now when I'm there every single day posting feedback. Gah!

      Delete
  3. I have mastered in the art of finding silver linings 🤣 Not something I am proud of tho... I hope your hubby gets his job back earlier and things work out fine for you both <3

    Your Netgalley ratio is way better than mine! Nowadays, I get accepted for most requests I make which kinda surprised me in the beginning 🤔 but oh well, it's cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if the machine is fixed quicker than expected. Dec 1st would be ok. We're good until then. After that it'll be tricky, but we'll survive.

      I'm always surprised when my requests are approved. My rating has always been so low. I raised it some last November and now it's climbing again. Because of my requests being approved I have to police myself and that never ends well. LOL

      Delete
  4. Some fun books. I also did the Charley Davidson reread tour. It's a sassy series. I'm taking time off from working and so far I'm just trying to catch my breath after the hectic couple months I've had. I also wanted to just read and do some relaxing for a few days. I still feel like I should accomplish more. Enjoy your reads and time to do things! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Charley Davidson series. It has everything I love: paranormal, steamy stuff, humor, mystery, great writing. Enjoy your reading time!

      Delete