Friday, November 2, 2018

Wounded Prey

*Book source ~ NetGalley
28 May 2013
Mystery | Suspense
384 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites

Set in 1987, this is a horrifying tale about a serial killer who is one of the scariest characters I’ve ever read about. He is shaped at home and then he goes into the Marines and heads to Vietnam where he’s molded into a killer with no conscience. I mean zero. Zip. He’s sadistic and just, ewwwww. And the gov’t just looked the other way. How nice. Not. This is dark, it’s terrible, but it’s nearly impossible to put down. It does get to be a bit too much, where it strains the bounds of believability just a bit too far, but for the most part it’s…*full body shudder*

I do need to question whether a recruit from Iowa would go to Parris Island. I think from that geographic location he should go to San Diego. Also, Marines are Marines. They are NOT soldiers. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment