Sunday, October 28, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 265th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 264th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ Rattus New Yorkus by Hunter Shea
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Creature by Hunter Shea
  • Wednesday ~ Reviews Tour ~ Darynda Jones
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Wounded Prey by Sean Lynch
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Savage Woods by Mary SanGiovanni
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 266th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!


Shit. So, I completely forgot about my 7 year Blogoversary on the 19th. Oops. lol

On the Home Front: More appointments this week meant more taxi service for me. Then Thursday was grocery day. Man, do I hate grocery day. Friday it rained ALL DAY, at times it came down in buckets. I meant to reply to comments from last Sunday and visit other blogs, but I'm not sure where the time went. Also, October is almost over which means 2018 is (nearly) 83% uploaded. Wtf. This is not funny, Father Time.

Touching Nature: Remember a few weeks ago Hurricane Michael roared through here and took down a pretty big tree? Hubby hasn't gotten it all cut up yet, but the brush from all the branches and limbs needed burned, so I did that over a two day period this week. I was worried it wouldn't burn very well, since it was still a bit green, but burn it did and now the firepit area is tidy again. Whew! And yay! Also, I think I still smell a bit like a bbq pit. Wanna see my progress? No? Well, too bad. Here ya go.
Day 1


Day 2
Though I actually had more than this to burn but don't have a pic.
Just imagine a bit more gone on the right side of the last photo of Day 1
and you'll have my Day 2 beginning. lol


Book News: Ok, are you ready for my NetGalley November posts to begin? I'm not quite, but I have enough to get started. Beginning tomorrow I'll have a review post every day until December, except for Sundays when I'll have my Sunday Post. Then I'll go back to my regular schedule. I have 13 books to finish for November. It is now a race to see if I can get them all done in time. Man, do I love pressure or what? lol

Don't Touch That Dial!: Hubby & I finished Longmire. I'm sad it's over, but glad Netflix took it up after it was cancelled on a cliffhanger. *sniffles* We've gone back to NCIS which we had stopped right before the episode where Gibbs' dad dies. I didn't want to watch that one so soon after my own dad's death, but we made it through and are in Season 12 now. Trip & I are almost finished with Season 2 of Daredevil.

At the Flicks: Last Sunday we saw Venom. It's a pretty good flick and a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm glad I decided to go with the kids.

Cyberspace Playground: Nothing

Randomness: Trick or treat!

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: There is no such thing as being too old for decorations, candy, and costumes at Halloween. The end.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing this week.


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.





2 comments: