Thursday, November 1, 2018

Nothing Lasts Forever

Book source ~ NetGalley
Die Hard, #1
Roderick Thorp
17 December 2012 (first pubbed 1979)
Thriller | Action
245 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites


This is the book that Die Hard is based on. In many ways, the movie follows the book, but I have to say, the movie took many of the boring details of the book and either changed them or left them out entirely, making it a much better story. That’s just my opinion though. I kinda liked the main character who, in the book, is named Joseph Leland. He’s much older than John McClane and has a more varied experience than just being a cop. But he does too much introspection for my liking. In the movie John’s going to see his wife, in the book Leland is visiting his daughter. Which makes that ending very…whoa. Definitely not the way you want a movie to end. If you’ve never seen Die Hard then you should. If you prefer books to movies then this should entertain, too. Personally, for one of the rare instances in my life, I like the movie better.

Note: Ends at 86%, has bonus content.

No comments:

Post a Comment