Sunday, November 29, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 371st Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 370th Edition
  • Monday ~ Tour Review ~ The Cousins by Karen M. McManus
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Never Look Back in Texas by Russ Hall
  • Friday ~ Review ~ June Bug by Scott Bell
  • Saturday ~ NetGalley Review ~ Red Hands by Christopher Golden

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ The Rumor by Lesley Kara
  • Wednesday ~ NetGalley Review ~ Watch Over You by M.J. Ford
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 372nd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: I hope everyone who celebrates it had a Happy Thanksgiving. We stayed home and I cooked food. So, just another day around here. On Friday we got nearly all of the Christmas decorations up. The grandkiddos were here Friday night for a sleepover so they helped. Hoping to work on Anna's room a bit today. I'm exhausted.

Found out the tinted skylights I want are back ordered for 38 business days. So we're on the wait list. I guess we'll have new skylights in 2021.

Touching Nature: Been decent weather. I continue to do battle after battle in Leafageddon. The leafy menace is proving hard to repel, but their numbers are fewer and fewer. Soon they will be no more. But it is not this day. Hubby got out his log splitter and we split a bit of the Hurricane Michael tree to put on the racks. We're gonna need bigger racks for all this wood. lol

Book News: I've read 105 books so far this year. I have 1 more tour book and 3 books for the BBNYA that I'm judging, but after that I'm going to read some books I've been putting off. And I imagine I will have a bit of a binge doing so.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Nothing really. We did watch this week's episode of The Mandalorian and we kicked off our Christmas movie watch with Scrooged.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Did you know, if you don't have a screwdriver with a magnetic tip you can make it so by putting a magnet on the shaft? Comes in handy when you need to get a screw in a tight spot and you can't hold onto it to guide it in. You're welcome.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing

Freebies
Nope

6 comments:

  1. Leafageddon, always makes me laugh ! The magnetic screwdriver is awesome, we have one, we'll never let it go. Enjoy your sunday the leaves will soon be beaten... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to look forward to in 2021. Even if it's just a skylight :)
    I decorated for most of the day on Friday, I love the way the house looks now, Christmas decorations always make the house so cozy.

    Your nugget could be looked at as a dirty metaphor, at least for a second that happened to me lol

    I hope you have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s the think about holidays, everyone gets the day off except the cook who has to do twice the work!

    Wishing you a great week and good luck with your next leafageddon battle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leafageddon cracks me up. I know leafageddon is not the most fun, but man what I would give for that problem. It would mean I had a yard (and a house). I know, I say that now - feel free to remind me when someday I'm complaining 😂

    Yay for Christmas decorations. Ours are going up next weekend. I usually do them Thanksgiving but we'll, it's 2020 so nothing is normal right?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tip about the screwdriver---I would never have thought of that!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost all the trees are bare here except the maples and they are glorious. You are always hard at work with interesting projects. I'm glad you could enjoy family for the holiday.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete