Sunday, November 22, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 370th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 369th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Tour Review ~ TWR Ultimate Tour: The Cousins by Karen M. McManus
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Never Look Back in Texas by Russ Hall
  • Friday ~ Review ~ June Bug by Scott Bell
  • Saturday ~ NetGalley Review ~ Red Hands by Christopher Golden (hopefully~still reading this)
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 371st Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Ok, so it was a fairly routine week until Friday when I had a little "excitement." Trip and I went to pick up the Walmart grocery order and while we waited we listened to the radio with the Pilot in accessory mode. Unfortunately, when we were loaded up and ready to go the Pilot wouldn't start. WTF 10 minutes of listening to the radio in accessory mode would not have drained the battery to the point it wouldn't start. Except it turns out the battery is 5 yrs old. We have AAA but I figured hubby could get to us faster so I called him. Ice cream, people! He came and gave it a jump and away we went. So yesterday we went to Advance Auto and bought a battery (when the fuck did they get so fucking expensive?!) and had them put it in. Hubby gave the young man a $10 tip for doing it and I told him, "You know he's going to tell his family and/or friends that a nice old couple gave him a $10 tip, right? And we're the old couple." We are NOT old, btw. We're Pre-Old. LOL

We were going to have the skylights replaced yesterday, but I wanted the tinted ones, especially for the south-facing one, and they had to be special ordered. If they come in this week we may get them done, otherwise it'll be the following week, weather cooperating.

I worked outside a couple of days getting the firewood racks done, repelling the leafy menace, and helping hubby a bit while he worked on the tractor. Today I need to go out and measure off the ground for the new garden shed since the boys moved the rest of the wood from that space yesterday. Then I'll level it as best as I can and it'll be ready for the shed. I'll probably swing by Lowe's Monday and get it ordered. It's all precut so when it gets here all we have to do is put it together like a giant 10'x12' Ikea project. Should be fun. *snorts* But before it gets here we need to get the materials for the base to put it on and then get that ready. I think the shed will take a couple of weeks to come in. At least, I hope so. We have way too much going on. AND it all depends on decent weather.

In addition to all of this shit needing done, it looks like Anna's boyfriend Alex is going to move in here while they save for a house. Between his job and hers they're usually too busy and/or tired to hang out in the evenings (he coming here or her going to his parents), so it was either rent a place (waste of money), she moves in with him and his parents, or he moves in with us. Logistically it's better for him to come here. Yes, a pro and con list was made. lol Anyway, we need to completely reconfigure her room with a new larger bed (hers is a loft twin) and we'll need to do something about the cat room/exercise room. I think the treadmill can stay but the elliptical takes up too much space and never gets used. We need space to put a desk in there for Alex's computer. We've gone over several ways to do this including having her and the boys switch rooms since their room is bigger and she has more stuff, but I think we can make it work in her room. This will be a BIG interior project that we hope to start this coming weekend. While we decorate for Christmas. And have the grandkiddos over for a sleep over Fri-Sat. Wish me luck. Imma gonna need it.

Touching Nature: Finished the firewood racks and battled in the Forever War of Leafageddon. I think I may have finally won that War. Maybe? Here's a pic of my racks. For firewood, you pervs. Just need the boys to fire up the log splitter and get splittin' and stackin'.

Book News: I completed my (revised) Goodreads goal of 100 books. There was much rejoicing! I now sit at 103 completed with a few more to read. I currently have 4 reviews to write, but I'll get those done soon. At least, I hope so since 2 of them are for this week. LOL

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finished all 9 seasons of Perry Mason on DVD. Yay! Going back to finish Supernatural now. Also watched The Mandalorian. And I watch Forged in Fire with Trip at dinner time.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: Yeah, just a tad too late.
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: It's ok to "walk away" from people on social media when they jump on an opinion you've made. You do not owe them your time or energy. I just mute/ignore/whatever and I don't give a flying fuck if they think they've "won" the "argument." Whatthefuckever dickhole. I've got better things to do. Although, it's even better if they get mad you are ignoring them. Ah. I love the smell of a whiner baby in the morning while I trip along my merry fucking way.   

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
None

Freebies
None


3 comments:

  1. Your busyness makes me seem so lazy lol. I need you all to come live closer to me for motivation or maybe I should just move closer to you. Either way I need motivation!

    I am never finishing my goodreads goal and I refuse to change it (again) but I will still set it that high if not higher next year so *shrugs*

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always really enjoy reading your Sunday posts. I love all the projects. I have at least one more round with leaves in the front yard. It was too windy last week but it looks like I can get them out this Tuesday and they will suck them up Wednesday morning. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you get some time to relax and read too!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Pericles picture is priceless ! Congrats on achieving your reading goals and have fun with the reconfiguring and decorating and Thanksgiving and... I'll stop here ;)

    ReplyDelete