Friday, November 27, 2020

June Bug

Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
Sam Cable, #3
Suspense
10 November 2020
216 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Siren’s Tears is not some over-the-top sappy mythological story about heartbreak. It’s about a bioweapon created by terrorists in Texas and Sam Cable, Texas Ranger, is thrown into the race to find it and the people wielding it before it kills millions. Helping him is his FBI friend Rita Goldman, who first discovered the Chechen connection in Texas and while it may be a year since they last worked together, they are back at it once again as if they've never been apart. The odds are stacked against them and the stakes are sky high, but Cable and Goldman are on the case and they always get their dirt bags. Or do they?

Man, oh, man. This is a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It’s chock full of terrorists, a bioweapon, action, detective work, and some interesting heat going on between Cable and Goldman. It’s all so very nommy and I devoured the book as fast as real life allowed me. Great plot, awesome characters, excellent action scenes, and a slow build of heat between two very different characters makes this the nommiest of treats. Toss in humor and it’s just a little slice of heaven. Although the ending had me mad-squinting my eyes at the author (just a little), I have faith that the next book will be just as tasty and I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment