Sunday, December 6, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 372nd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 371st Edition
  • Monday ~ Review ~ The Rumor by Lesley Kara
  • Wednesday ~ NetGalley Review ~ Watch Over You by M.J. Ford

Page Forward >>>

 

  • Wednesday ~ Joint Kindle Review ~ Diamonds and Daggers by Nance Warren
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 373rd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!
On the Home Front: Hubby worked on converting his super old 1947 Ford 8N tractor from 6 volt to 12 volt because it ran like shit and was hard to start. I helped some and Kyle helped some, but it was mostly hubby's project. 

We took the white 3x3 cubes out of Anna's closet and replaced them with brown 3x3s since Lowe's didn't have any white and we needed white for her bed base. If Lowe's had had white we would have just put them together and used them. But no. Nothing is ever simple around here. Thanks to Trip and Kyle who put 3 of those 3x3s together and a 2x3 white one while hubby and I worked outside. Then we manuevered the elliptical and treadmill out of the "cat room" (spare bedroom that has no bed). Whew! We got it in there so I knew it had to come out, but what a fucking fuckity fuck pain in the ass that was. And we broke some of the door trim. Guess what? I don't care. lol

We rented a small box truck at Home Depot yesterday and picked up a full-size mattress for Anna's new bed (which we haven't built yet lol) on our way home. Then the boys helped us load the heavyass exercise equipment into the truck. The Hospice store had a dock so that was SO much easier to offload. We returned the truck and picked up a battery for the tractor. I did the usual Saturday cleaning, Ralph changed a brake light in my Pilot, then we went to dinner at our friends' new house. We hadn't seen them in over a year and they bought a new house in June. It's a beaut! And dinner was great!

Today hubby hopes to put the tractor back together and crank it up. He'll also whip up some two-cycle gas for my BackPack Blower so I can do one more final that's-it-I'm-not-doing-this-no-more Leafageddon Battle. The Browns are playing the Titans and they are on tv so I want to watch. I'm a Browns fan and Trip is a Titans fan, so it should be interesting. If the Browns are getting blown out then I'll start emptying the spare room closet in prep for building new shelves in there. Getting closer to doing Anna's room. She's so excited! Me, I'm just doing this project one step at a time. lol

I'm tired. How was your week?

Touching Nature: Whew! It sure got nipply around here this week. Then we had rain Friday night. A lot of it. I'll wait until it dries out again then get the backpack blower out for the final showdown of Leafageddon. Anything else that invades after that can just decompose where it lands. Because it got nipply I had the heat on this week, so it might be time to drag out the humidifier.

Book News: Not much to report here this week. I do have a new Christmasy Sunday Post graphic and a new Christmasy header for Facebook and Twitter. If you need some new graphics done I highly recommend Michelle over at Limabean Designs. Seriously. She is super easy to work with and has the best stuff EVER. Contact her. No, really. Now! 

Don't Touch That Dial!: Watched a few Cold Case season 7 episodes with hubby. Then he was watching The Rifleman. I'm not but I was in the living room so I saw some of them. lol Still watching Forged in Fire with Trip at dinner time. And, of course, we watched The Mandalorian. No. No. No no no. NO!!! Just, no.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: Live feed of Jackson Hole town square. I found this on FB and the comments were hilarious. Unfortunately the comments have been turned off. My favorite was when anyone walked through the arch, people would comment: The Arch! The Arch has been fed another sacrifice. LOLOL Anyway, it's pretty.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: For when I get overwhelmed at my To Do List.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
None


Kindle First
December Pick


For Review
Audiobook


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


7 comments:

  1. That Michelle over at Limabean Designs does some good work. I love your new banner ;)

    Your busy makes me feel like I am seriously just not busy enough but now I am exhausted from reading your busy and need a nap

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you're tired, I'm tired at just reading all that you achieved, lol ! I hope you had a quiet, easy sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lot this week. I find home projects exciting though. I like to see the improvement.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you are tired with all that to-ing and Fro-ing and leaf-blowing.

    Wishing you a great reading week, and less fuck ups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have got so much done this week. I hope you are being safe since you are going out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new Christmas banner. I'm a bit partial, but totally agree Michelle is pretty great :)

    What a busy week - filled with hard physical work! My work has been all mental and I'm exhausted, so I can only imagine how y'all are feeling. I hope this week is taking it a little easier on you. On the plus, you got a lot accomplished and yay for having staged your final battle of Leafageddon!

    ReplyDelete