Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Watch Over You


Book source ~ NetGalley
M.J. Ford
9 July 2020
Mystery | Suspense
352 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites 

DS Josie Masters of the Thames Valley Police Department is back and this time she’s hunting down a killer who murdered her friend. All in the line of duty of course. She’s not a vigilante.

We’ve got ourselves a serial killer in this one and Josie and her team are trying to track him down before more people die. They can’t figure out his pattern and it’s frustrating. For them. Not for the reader because we know who the killer is. The problem we have is, connecting the dots. And for a long time I couldn’t figure out what the connection was. Then Josie and company started putting the pieces together and the AHA moment came. It’s a great investigation!

I’ve read one other Josie Masters book, the one right before this one. I still haven’t gotten around to reading the 1st one though I intend to at some point. I like the characters and the world. Joise has a bit of a mess going on in her personal life, so it’s interesting to see how she handles the pressure of work and home. The plot hinges more on good detective work than forensics though that is included, 21st century and all that. It’s just a great mystery and chase to catch the bad guy. Bonus that it’s in England so I get to see a bit more of how police procedure works outside of the States. If you’re looking for a twisty-turny police procedural then don’t pass this one up.

1 comment:

  1. Just added it to my list, thanks, I love British mysteries/thrillers :)

    ReplyDelete