Sunday, February 17, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 281st Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 280th Edition
  •  Monday ~ Kindle ReviewBeach Lawyer by Avery Duff
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewSkin Games by Adam Pepper
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Hungry Like a Wolf by Paige Tyler

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 282nd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Except for grocery day on Thursday this past week has been fairly quiet. Thank goodness! My only exciting news is really my daughter's exciting news, she nailed down a 2nd part-time job (the one she really wanted), is doing shadowing at a Vet's, and has nearly all the requirements lined up for the Vet Tech Program she applied for. She'll know in March if she's been accepted into the program starting this Fall. Please keep your fingers crossed for her. They only take 64 students for the 2-year program and while I'm fairly confident she's not going to have any problem getting in, every little bit of good juju helps, right?

Touching Nature: This past week has been pretty typical of NC in February. For once there's nothing much to report here.

Book News:  I'm not reading as fast as I'd like, so I'm taking the rest of the month off on the blog. I'll have a Sunday Post up the next two weeks, but that's it. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough read and written up for March. I've already got the 1st week ready. Woot!

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finished Season 2 of The Punisher. Man, that show! Then we started Criminal Minds.

At the Flicks: Inching closer to Captain Marvel.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: If one of my kids actually left their phone in the kitchen I'd totally take advantage of the fact.
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I'm 50 yrs old and over the years I have accumulated quite the inventory of towels. So when I do laundry, I put clean towels under the towels still in the cupboard thus ensuring they last longer. It took me many years to figure this out. If you keep putting the same 4 or 5 towels on top of the others the ones on top wear out faster. It's logical. That's why it took me so long to figure it out. lol

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library

I suggested the Buffy book purchase. 
I was curious about The Food Babe Way. I actually
wanted a different book by her, but settled for this one instead.



Kindle Lending Library
February Pick



For Review
Many thanks to Red Adept Publishing!


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.





12 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for your daughter! That would be an awesome job.

    I can't wait for Captain Marvel... Enjoy the blog break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I can't wait for her movie because you know she's going to play a big part of End Game. The excitement is too much!

      Delete
  2. I hope she gets in! I have everything crossed!

    I do that to my kids anyway especially my daughter, I call her over to get me something from the kitchen, she is so good and will get it for me. Lazy is fun! ;)

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Feb is insanely busy with working and jumping through the hoops for the program. Thanks for the fingers. hehe

      Awwww...she's a sweetheart!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I hope your daughter gets in! Mine wants to become a vet too ;-) And take your time away, just read and enjoy! Sophie @bewareofthereader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Last day for applications is the 28th. Gah!

      Delete
  4. I loved that random tweet you shared. All the best to your daughter and I hope she gets in.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exciting news for your daughter and I hope she gets in. I've got my eye on several books you've shared. My book budget will try to hide from me now. LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The book budget can run, but it can't hide. lol

      Delete
  6. It has been rainy and cold all this week and looks like it will be until Sunday. I'm not enjoying it.

    As for your nugget of wisdom, I see your point but you obviously wash towels too often. I like to just wait until there aren't any clean towels and it has the same effect. lol (not really) I actually like laundry, it's vacuuming I hate. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooooooooooo sick of the rain. The ground is a soggy swampy mess. With 5 people in the house I have to wash towels every other day *before* they run out. lol Laundry is ok and so is vacuuming. But dusting? UGGGGHHHH

      Delete