Friday, February 15, 2019

Hungry Like the Wolf

Book source ~ NetGalley
6 January 2015
Paranormal | Romance | Suspense
320 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites

Dallas SWAT, under Commander Gage Dixon, has shaped up to be the best unit in the US. He’s built his team from scratch in under 10 years, recruiting only those that meet his exacting criteria - they have to be the best in their field. Oh, and they have to be a werewolf. Say what?!

Journalist Mackenzie Stone smells something funny about the much-touted Dallas SWAT team and she’s determined to dig until she finds out if they’re dirty or pumped up with PEDs (performance enhancing drugs). She had no idea she was walking right into the wolf’s den.

I admit that I kinda loathe reporters/journalists and Mac is no exception. What a self-righteous prig she is. Not a fan of her, but at least she’s no shrinking violet. I love Gage and the entire SWAT team. The action is fast-paced, the bad guy is a bit too real, the steamy stuff is definitely fan-worthy, and I like the lore and humor. I’m not much on the plot device of having a woman be The One or whatever anyone else calls it. I think it’s a cop out. Blah. Anyway, other than those two points this is a pretty good read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment