Sunday, February 24, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 282nd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 281st Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 283rd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: So, I booked a flight today. It took me awhile how to figure out the online process. And I'm totally lost when it comes to check in. I got an email confirming the booking, but what do I do when I get to the airport? I have no clue! I mean, I haven't flown since 1997. You know, back when we had real paper tickets. Gah! This is so stressful! Anyway, I'll be going to Ohio in a few weeks to kidnap pick up my mom to come to NC for a long visit. She'll be here for most of March. Now I just need to figure out where she'll sleep. I have a guest room but there's exercise equipment in there and no bed. And the cats have taken it over since they can't be out in the main areas with Artemis. We'll get it squared away. Somehow. lol

Touching Nature: I am not amused by Ma Nature right now.

Book News: I am currently caught up with reviews. I have 5 posts ready for March and I'm nearly done with a sixth. That's two weeks worth of posts for March so far.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Started Season 2 of Criminal Minds. What a meh show. I'm told it gets better. We'll stick with it for now. I'm glad Elle Greenaway left a couple of episodes ago. I couldn't stand her. My favorite characters are Reid and Garcia.

At the Flicks: Inching towards Captain Marvel.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope. Ok, I watched some videos on YouTube this week while I ate dinner on a few days, but I was mostly catching up on channels I subscribe to and nothing new.

Randomness: I snorted and laughed at this. I snorghed.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: There are never enough hours in the day, so try to multitask when posssible. I love to do laundry this way. Toss in a load then go do something else on your list. Go back, put that load in the dryer and another in the washer then go do something else. You get multiple things done at once and it feels good. Also, a little bit of planning ahead of time can save you in the end. I don't play chess, but it's like that. Think several moves ahead so you aren't wandering around losing momentum. Time saved means more time to read and that's never a bad thing.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


From NetGalley



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.




14 comments:

  1. Multitasking is my middle name LOL And honestly I am hopeless at booking flights too! I always go through a travel agency. Plus there is the small problem of me having fear of flying .... Sophie @bewareofthereader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to get a good price so I just buckled down and did it. I mean, I'm an adult dammit! It should be easy to do! lol

      Delete
  2. So glad your mom is coming to stay with your for a bit.

    I am very good at multitasking, I think most woman are, I just wish men knew how to multitask better. My husband sucks at it lol

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading.

    PS I snorghed too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be fun. She hasn't been here in many years. :)

      Yeah, it seems to be a woman thing more than a man's.

      Snorghing can be dangerous when a booger goes flying. lol

      Delete
  3. Hope your travel goes without a hitch!! I love listening to audiobooks while I do things like laundry and dishes. It makes those tasks so much nicer. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too! *fingers crossed* I used to listen to audios when I delivered the newspaper, but after I quit I just didn't get back into it much. I did listen in the evenings with the kids, but once Anna graduated it wasn't long after (maybe a year) that the boys stopped listening, too. I need to get back to it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me, too but when I got it I thought it was hilarious. lol

      Delete
  5. I hope that you have a nice visit with your mom, wherever you decide to put her!
    My favorite character on Criminal Minds is Garcia as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll clean out the room, move some things around, and get a bed. Should be good to go by the 11th. I hope. lol

      She is so funny!

      Delete
  6. You'll be fine flying. It sounds fun getting a long visit with your mom. Yay for being caught up on reviews. I have 2 to write so not to bad. Have an awesome week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to be able to check in without any problems. I'm not the best navigator of my smartphone. *bites nails*

      Delete
  7. I;m liking your books. Going to go check some of them out. It's been a while since I've flown and I don;t recall the procedure for checking in when you order your ticked on line. I'm sure there will be info readily available when you get in the airport. I'm binging Criminal Minds too. On Season 9 now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also got Kingdom of Exiles. I've watched several maybe 10 or so seasons of Criminal Minds. I always plan to go back and catch up but I am more listening to audiobooks while I handle various tasks.

    It was supposed to be nice for most of this week, but NO, it' already raining again here on Wednesday and now the forecast is rain for the rest of the week, then cold temps, maybe even snow.

    Enjoy your trip! If you can use a phone you can do it. Here's hoping we both get more sun. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete