Sunday, March 15, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 335th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 334th Edition
  •  Monday ~ Kindle Review ~ Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle ReviewBetwixt by Darynda Jones
  • Friday ~ Kindle ReviewGhost Walk by Melissa Bowersock

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Spotlight ~ Suzy Spitfire and the Snake Eyes of Venus Tour
  • Tuesday ~ Tour ~ 5 Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Maurice Barkley
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Magic Unleashed
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 336th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!


I went "shopping" next door at the abandoned house. 
Enjoy the fruits of my thievery.

On the Home Front: Let's see, what's been going on here? We've been busy beavers this week. We went Tues to get new tires for the CR-V and while we were out we ordered a new fridge, an upright freezer, and a mini fridge from Lowe's to replace 2 fridges and a small chest freezer all 20+ yrs old. Really hoping to see an improved electric bill with these additions. They will be delivered on the 21st. A late Happy Birthday to me since my b-day is the 19th. lol We are working on eating all the food we can so there is very little to put in the coolers while we make the switch. I'll have pics next week. Thursday we bought a new mattress and one for Anna. We were both in desperate need of new ones. They were delivered yesterday and I got our bed all ready. Um, it's a little taller than our old one and I'm short. I will definitely need a running jump to get in bed now. LOL Anna was out all day, so she'll have to wait until today to get hers set up. 

We had some gravel delivered and the boys and I made a new parking spot for the Accord since parking is at a premium here with the CR-V addition. Speaking of, hubby is loving his vehicle. Bonus that it's getting 29.5 mpg to-and-from work for him. Woot! Side note: We need more gravel and will probably get a delivery this week.

Trip and I did our usual grocery foodstuffs shopping on Friday and WTF. It was a madhouse at Walmart and BJ's. People are nuts. Seriously. I'm not sure what the deal is with all the TP hoarding? I think they saw the Supernatural episode S5:04 where future Chuck tells Dean that TP is like gold and to hoard it. Because again, WTF.

Hubby and Trip were supposed to go to the Hurricanes game last night, but NHL suspended games so hubby had a night off at home. For the 2nd Saturday in a row (hubby rarely gets those nights off) I made Lucky Jameson Margaritas with fresh-made sour mix. Pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

Trip and Kyle pooled their moola and ordered the Valve Index. It came yesterday. For those who don't know (like I didn't) it's a Virtual Reality gaming set. It looks really cool and complicated. Glad I'm not playing it. Though Trip did buy the Switch last weekend and then showed me a game just like the old hospital game I used to play on the old PS1. So, of course, I had to buy it and that's how I ended up with an account on his Switch. LOL

Touching Nature: It looks like Spring has officially sprung. We've been too busy to start our seeds but we really need to get those going this week. Especially if we're going to live in a dystopian novel. *rolls eyes*

Book News: I wrote 2 reviews to make room for 2 more KU books, but I now have 12 reviews to write. I need to put a dent in those this week.

Don't Touch That Dial!: A few Supernatural, a few Star Wars: Rebels and the newest Star Wars: Clone Wars season 7. Watched college basketball and Hurricanes early in the week.

At the Flicks: Nothing yet

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Go out as little as possible, wash your hands a lot, and stop touching your face. We'll get through this. Ironically, I want to go out to ALL the places now even though I'm happy staying at home in my jammies 100% of the time. I guess I'm contrary by Nature. lol

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle Unlimited



Freebies
None


7 comments:

  1. I see people are crazy in your hood too! I don't understand why they empty shelves like that. On a birght note, these flowers are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can NOT stop touching my face! Aaaargh. Otherwise, things are good here so far. You went on a shopping binge, lol, but all necessities. Hopefully, the new appliances will cut down on your electric bill.

    Stay safe, happy reading, and write those reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those beautiful daffodils! You have been busy - those new appliances should really cut down on your bills. Have a peaceful, healthy week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the flowers! Can you transplant a few for yourselves? It's good you are getting all your new things to settle in for the apocalypse. I do think it is going to get worse before it gets better. We are happy to be home. It's not forever. I have plenty to do at home and now I can do it without distractions.

    Stay safe and healthy! I hope you get to enjoy some of your new reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy. Happy birthday, and enjoy all the food. The grocery stores here are nuts too. I had to go to a bunch of stores to find what I needed. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I love your comment about wanting to go to all the places now that you can't. So funny! Happy birthday!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m not sure it’s the best time to be emptying your freezer, you might have some trouble shopping to fill it again.

    Wishing you a great reading week, good health, and a very happy birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete