Sunday, August 25, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 306th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 305th Edition
  •  Monday ~ TourDeath of Darkness Author Spotlight
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Death of Darkness by Dianne Duvall
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Lord Gray's List by Maggie Robinson 
  • Friday ~ Kindle ReviewPurls and Potions by Nancy Warren
  • Saturday ~ Post ~ The Write Reads Appreciation 

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ Close Liaisons by Anna Zaires
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Lord Grey's List by Maggie Robinson
  • Friday ~ Kindle Review ~ Fair Isle and Fortunes by Nancy Warren 
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 307th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Ok, so last week I hoped to have good news to share, but things are still a bit up in the air, so I'll hold off for another week. Still hopeful though, so please keep those good vibes coming for one more week, please. I should have definitive news next Sunday. *fingers crossed*

In other news, I cleaned off my desk and got the stack of filing done. Go me! It's the little things, I'm tellin' ya.

Touching Nature: Humid, rain, hothumid, rain, storms. We had thunderstorms 4 days in a row, but I'll consider ourselves lucky that we only lost power for 5 hrs Friday night. It rained and rained yesterday. I managed to mow on Weds, but wasn't able to finish the part up by the road because the diaphram (where you prime it to start) on the push mower finally died on me. We'll need to find that part and replace it.

Book News: I am now 20 books behind on my Goodreads Challenge. I've decided to just lower the number, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I had 5 reviews to write, but whittled that down to 2. Hoping to get them done today.

Don't Touch That Dial!: We're now into season 8 of Psych which is the only season we haven't seen before and some Cleveland Indians. I watched a few Twilight Zone while I was sewing some stuff. Just making repairs. Nothing fancy like a quilt or anything.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Sometimes in life there are no good choices. You either have to eat the 1/4 lb shit sandwich or the 3/4 lb one. I think I'd rather eat the 1/4 lb one. Nearly everyone has to make that kind of decision at some point in their lives. Unless they're super lucky and, in that case, I hate you. Ok, not really. Lucky bastard.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Zip

For Review
Many thanks to Red Adept Publishing


Freebies
I may have stress clicked a tiny bit this week.
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.







16 comments:

  1. Sending good vibes your way because I want to know what the good news is! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep them coming and I should be able to say Sunday. lol

      Delete
  2. I hope the good vibes find you, as well as the weather which is a bit cooler. It IS the little things. I am so happy when I get something unpacked and put into place.

    Keto bread? Isn't that an oxymoron?

    Enjoy all those new books and have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hasn't this cooler weather been just awesome?!

      I think it probably is. lol

      Delete
  3. That’s a lot of stress clicking, I hope you have less reason to be stressed by Sunday :)

    Have a great reading week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am SOOOO Billy, lol.

    Sending a boatload of good vibes your way.

    I can't wait to see what you think of Purls and Potions. I love this series so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all Billy. LOL

      Thank you!

      Omg, I love that series so much!

      Delete
  5. I'm so curious about your news. Sent the good vibes your way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is curious. lol I hope to share Sunday. *fingers crossed* Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed and good vibes sent! Hope you guys don't have anymore storms for a bit, we have a nasty one headed our way tonight. :(

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Oh, no! Batten down the hatches and maybe it'll feel unwelcome and slink on by.

      Delete
  7. Fingers are crossed and I'm sending you all the good vibes I can! Here's to hoping this week treats you well and you have some great news to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crossing my fingers, crossing my fingers, crossing ...LOL

    ReplyDelete