Sunday, May 26, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 294th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 293rd Edition
  • Monday ~  Review ~ Act of Terror by Marc Cameron
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewTwist of Fate by Ellen J. Green
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ Limabean Designs

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Bone Music by Christopher Rice
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Desire the Night by Amanda Ashley
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ The Strings of Murder by Oscar de Muriel
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 295th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!
Memorial Day

On the Home Front:
It poured on grocery day. That pretty much sums up my week.


Touching Nature: It poured Thurs, so it got humid as fuck. Otherwise, the temp just keeps rising. I see lots of 90s for the next 10 days. There was no rejoicing.

Book News: I've only finished 2 books and they both need reviews written. Other than that I have nothing to report here.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Binge watching Criminal Minds and we're in season 10. The boys and I watched season 3 of Star Wars: Rebels and we're almost done with season 4. Kanan, no!

At the Flicks: We've not seen Pokémon Detective Pikachu yet. We may not since money is tight. The guys are planning on seeing Godzilla though. I'm not really interested. 

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I like planting.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing this week.
I've suddenly jumped to #2 in the queue
for Storm Cursed. Yay!


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



8 comments:

  1. I really like your flip back and page forward headers, very fitting! And I love this weeks nugget, it really hit home with me. Have a good week Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It poured here too! And as you said every time you have to go outside to do something like do grocery shopping, get the kids ... let's hope next week will see a better weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had muggy sticky nastiness this week... Today? I think it's going to rain. I'm hating the stupid weather at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel or you - I don't mind and I'm British so I don't mind rain but mugginess is horrid yuk!

    Thanks for the heads up about the freebies, I've added them to my pile!

    I hope you have a good week and enjoy your reads. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ek, I hate humidity.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. It hasn't rained where I am at all! But I'm happy about that because usually it never stops raining. Hopefully the weather gets better for you!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all caught up on reviews, but am at 90% on a book and 45% on an audio..so tomorrow I could have two to write. It's keeping me sane as I try not to kill family. I love them, but they all need a kick in the head. tehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well on our trip we had 50s and a bit of rain. But yes I see lots of 90s this next week at home. UGH. I read lots on the trip and now have many reviews to write. Along with laundry, groceries etc. The real problem is the weeds I need to pull and it's just too hot most days.

    Enjoy your reads and stay cool (and hydrated).

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete