Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Twist of Faith

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


Book source ~ Kindle First
1 February 2018
Mystery
329 Pages

My Rating ~ 2 bites

There was always something off about the story her family told about how Ava was adopted by Claire Lavoisier-Saunders. Ava wanted answers and her family wasn’t talking. So when Claire dies Ava starts searching in earnest. When her best friend and a detective from work pitch in to help, the mystery starts to unravel, but the past is filled with murders. Then Ava herself disappears and it’s up to Joanne and Russell to finish the job.

I don’t care for the way this story is written. I can’t say why because it would be a spoiler, but I’m not a fan. Also, I don’t like Ava. Not one bit. The twists and turns in this are decent, but the means to finding the answers just turned me off. Again, spoilers which I won’t reveal. It’s just too hard to swallow, and falls very close to what I consider ex machina. I think the plot could have been written a different way, making it more believable and still been a great mystery. As it is, I’m disappointed in the execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment