Sunday, May 19, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 293rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 292nd Edition
  •  Tuesday ~ ReviewLove-Lines by Sheri Langer
  • Thursday ~ ReviewWolf Song by Frank W. Smith
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Fate Forged by B.P. Donigan

Page Forward >>> 

  • Monday ~  Review ~ Act of Terror by Marc Cameron
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Twist of Fate by Ellen J. Green
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ Limabean Designs
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 294th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: I had a great Mother's Day last week. Hubby had to work night shift so he slept all day, but I just ordered Domino's and that took care of lunch and dinner. I do not cook on my birthday or Mother's Day. Period. Monday was even better because I got a shipment of Shari's Berries from my eldest son (who lives in OH) and an Indians mug from my 19yo son. My 18yo son has no job, so all I got was a hug from him. That's ok, I like his hugs. :) My 21yo daughter bought me three white v-neck t-shirts because I mentioned I want them each to tie dye one for me. I actually need a couple more, but the store only had three. That's ok. :) I'll post pics when they're done. Hubby bought me Shari's Berries (which will get here this week, remember our internet was out) and a coupon for an hour long massage. I've never had a professional massage! This should be an experience.
George's present to me. Nom nom nom!
Thanks to Trip I finally have an Indians mug!

In other news: I was busy with errands and phone calls. I hate phone calls. I hate them more than errands, but less than AT&T. Other than that, I don't have much to report.

Touching Nature: It was so very lovely for most of the week. 70s and mostly sunny. And then...yesterday happened. Where the fuck did this 90º weather come from?! I hate you Ma Nature. Seriously. On the plus side, I saw the forecast and got the mowing done before this shit hit. Yay!

Book News: I still have 3 reviews to write and I need to finish the 3 books I have going on right now. Been busy though.

Don't Touch That Dial!: The Hurricanes got swept. Instead the Bruins will move on to the Stanley Cup. Disappointed but not ashamed. They were in last place at the end of December, so they really stepped it up. My first season as a hockey fan turned out to be damn exciting. :D Also had some Criminal Minds binging going on and I watched a few more episodes of the old Twilight Zone.

At the Flicks: Nothing yet.

Cyberspace Playground: I got nothing.

Randomness: RIP Grumpy Cat.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Every project you do will take 100x longer than you expected. I speak from experience. In fact, hubby pressure washed the house this week and it took him several hours. He came in and said, "That took longer than expected." To which I replied, "Every project we do takes longer than expected. I'm going to put that on my tombstone. Here lies Carol C. That took longer than expected."

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Another suggested purchase comes in. :)



Freebies
Free at time of drafting (yesterday).
Gaze twice, click once.







8 comments:

  1. Hahaha I do agree on the project taking longer than expected LOL And these are some fine gifts that you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really truly do take so much longer than you expect. LOL Thanks! The strawberries were delicious! I still have a few of the cake truffles and the chocolate-dipped Oreos. So yum!

      Delete
  2. Dude your Nugget just made me seriously laugh out loud. That is hilarious!
    The weather is SHIT and I hate it. Weather gods need to make up their damn minds!

    I love Shari's Berries, I usually get them for valentines day! they are so delicious!

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cracked myself up with that one. Sometimes words just fly out of my mouth and it turns out to be hilarious. LOL

      Omg, they are SO delicious! Too bad they're so expensive. Yikes.

      Delete
  3. A great epitaph.. made me laugh!

    Sigh, we’ve been too broke for takeaway this year so I cooked dinner on both my birthday and mother’s day, none too graciously though.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my better ones. lol

      We're pretty much broke, too. I scraped it together. At least with Domino's I have leftovers, so we get two or three meals out of it. Plus, I had a free pizza coming to me, so there is that. sigh Some day we won't be struggling. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  4. It sound like you had a wonderful Mother's Day; what lovely children (I know they're adults but they'll always be your kids, no matter their ages, right?!)

    I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will always be my kids and my youngest will always be my baby, much to his consternation. lol

      Delete