Sunday, June 2, 2024

AVR Weekly News ~ 545th Edition


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme AVR Weekly News ~ 544th Edition
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA2023 Finalists 9 & 8
 
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ Belly Woman by Dr. Benjamin Black
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Last Place Seen by Alessandra Harris
  • Friday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ The Legendary Mo Seto by A.Y. Chan
  • Saturday Review ~ Hidden Fury by Marie Flanigan
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 546th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!


On the Home Front:  Busy week. Nancy came to do the dog nails Monday afternoon. Worked on the blog Monday and Tuesday. Weds I had a dental appt and some errands. Thursday grocery pick up and Anna took Mr. Puggles to the vet for his Proheart shot. Captain Kirk had a vaccine update and wellness exam Friday morning then I worked outside all day. Anna had a phone interview with Sheetz. Then she had an in-person interview with the animal shelter for an intake job on Saturday. I worked outside nearly all day Saturday and did some of the usual cleaning. Just the laundry room and litterboxes since I wanted to get shit done outside. Still so much to do. The weather has been gorgeous this week. Forecast for this coming week is showing rain, so I've been trying to get shit done outside while I can, letting inside stuff wait. I don't anticipate much relaxing today. I want to bake some brownies and banana bread and make sloppy joes for dinner. I have the rest of the cleaning to do and a ton of laundry. Maybe I'll relax while the laundry launders. We'll see.

Touching Nature: I did way too much touching of Nature this week. At least the weather was gorgeous. I mowed and Trip did the weed eating. I sent Trip to the roof with the backpack blower to get all the tree shit off the roof and gutter guards then I blew a shitton of twigs and tree sperm into piles (with some additional raking) so we could use the Kubota to scoop it all up and dump on the brush pile. Husband cut down a tree that had insect damage all around the bottom. We needed to take it down on our terms before it did it on its own. It was not a small tree and it was at the corner of our house. All went according to plan. Whew!  He cut that up and we staged it, ready to split and stack. I built more firewood racks. We moved the wood and dismantled the racks Trip and I built in November 2020. I burned brush twice. We plan to move as much of the wood from under the deck today. I'm hoping it all fits on the racks I built. I know I'll need to build more soon, but I cannot express enough what a pain in the ass it is to build them on sloped land. All of our land slopes. It sucks sometimes. Anyway, this is all in prep for the home renovations in 2025, so it is all necessary shifting. 

Book News: Not much to report here. Been a busy week.

Don't Touch That Dial!:  The Mentalist and some Supernatural.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Crossword Jam, Solitaire, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  




Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Since we're heading into summer, here's a guide to watermelon.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library

Nope




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

Nope


5 comments:

  1. You had a busy week, enjoy your reading this week. I've been playing Words With Friends almost daily for many years lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So busy! Too busy lol I've never played Words With Friends. Maybe because I have no friends. lol

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the watermelon graphic i had seen it floating around and did not take a screen shot now i have and it saved for future watermelon purchases. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you got the outdoor stuff done while it was nicer and cooler. We didn't get as much rain as projected which seems usual. Or at least it rarely rains all day. I am trying to catch up from all the May projects but think I am almost there.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete