Sunday, October 24, 2021

AVR Weekly News ~ 418th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 417th Edition
  • Monday ~ Tour ~ The Book of Uriel by Elyse Hoffman
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 419th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Trip and I got quite a bit done outside on Tuesday. Weds I dropped Captain Kirk off at the vets for a dental cleaning and the blood prescreen showed he was clotting very slowly. Since Nox also had some clotting issues (along with a severely resistant bacterial pnemonia) and they were siblings we decided to run more extensive tests and put off the dental until we have some answers. They drew more blood on Friday, so we should know something this week.

Anna's 2 yr old battery died in her Civic on Sunday. We jumped it and drove it around to charge it up, but Monday it was dead again, so I had to jump it Weds to get it to the mechanic's. While it was there they found a nail in one of her new rear tires (I had them check because it was losing air). Normally we plug tires ourselves but rear tires are harder because we can't turn the wheel to check. lol And frankly, I didn't feel like fucking with it. 

Anyway, we also had an issue with my Pilot. The engine light started coming on and then another two lights. I thought maybe the emissions sensor was fucking up because I didn't click the gas cap closed like I usually do (was distracted, I usually click it 3 times) when I filled up on Monday. Then the light went out for awhile and came back on. Several days in a row. Dafuq?! So by Friday I said fuck it and dropped it off for them to do a diagnostic. We have a basic code checking tool here and came up with cylinder 3 and 5 misfiring. By Friday their diagnostic said 2 and 5 were misfiring. So I had them replace #5 coil (on the spark plugs since plug wires apparently aren't a thing anymore because of course they aren't since coils are fucking expensive in comparison) and they had to hunt around for a coil to replace#2. I should have the Pilot back tomorrow and hopefully that will fix the issue. 

In closing, it's been a frustrating week.

Touching Nature:  Been a nice Fall week here in NC.

Book News: Wow. My reading is so S-L-O-W this year. Though I do have 1 review to write. I should have so many more. Ugh.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Not much this week. Watched a few Criminal Minds in my rewatch. Hubby and I have yet to start Star Wars: Rebels (rewatch for me, new to him). Watched the Hurricanes Thursday and last night.

At the Flicks: Saw Venom:Let There Be Carnage! It was entertaining. Coming up in the next few weeks will be Dune followed by Etenerals.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: This could also be considered a Nugget of Wisdom. lol

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Carry a phone charging cord with you when you go places. I was out longer than I anticipated on Weds (in Anna's car) and by the time I got home my phone was at 19%. Of course, I forgot to charge it fully before we left, but still. If I'd had a cord I could have charged my phone while waiting at the mechanics.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



12 comments:

  1. That check engine light has so many possible causes. I wish you luck. My fix was $300+ and there was nothing wrong with the car just a failed electronic sensor. I'm just glad to have it fixed. The weather has been SO beautiful. I haven't gotten to the leaves and that is up this week or I'll never spot all the dog poop in the yard! I pick it up every time I take her out but my daughter doesn't and the leaves are very good camoflauge.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two coils (for #2 & 5 sylinders) and a plug for #2. So far so good. *fingers crossed*

      I have to engage in the biggests battle yet, number IV. The wind and rain we got on Monday brought a shitton down. sigh Our dogs mostly poop in the woods or when I walk them along the road so I don't have that problem. Eeee

      Delete
  2. Ughhhh I hate dealing with car issues so much! At least you people have family members who can help each other out with jumps and rides and stuff. That's great!

    Good point about always carrying a charger with you. We all have extras laying around so it might as well travel around with us! I think if I was a business owner I would provide charging stations for my customers. Like a business where there are known sit around and wait situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a bit handy at everything helps. We can't do it all, but some is better than nothing. At least, sometimes. lol

      Some businesses do have charging stations now. I even saw them in airports, but that makes a lot of sense with layovers and such.

      Delete
  3. Car things always come in threes, and these days are always expensive!
    My phone runs flat al, the time, I just don’t think about charging it often enough :)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hubby's car needs an oil change so I'll call that the 3rd thing. lol

      Delete
  4. Sorry you've not had the best week. It's my first time here-what kind of pets do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!!

      We had 8 but just lost Nox, our all black cat. So we have 4 dogs and 3 cats.
      Dogs: Vengeance, Artemis, Mr. Puggles, and Rockefeller Ren (Rocky)
      Cats: Sugarcube, Captain Kirk, and Eevee

      Delete
  5. Ugh cars are a pain the arse, but we can't live without them. Hoping the puppers are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Car issues are the absolute worst!
    And I love that nugget of wisdom, very important.
    I recently got back in the swing of things when it comes to my blog so feel free to check out my Sunday Post at exclusorystyle.com/2021/10/24/week-in-review-7 whenever you get the time (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Regular easy-to-diagnose problems are one thing. But those issues that can have several different things causing it? Those suck ass.

      Will do!!

      Delete