Sunday, August 16, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 356th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 355th Edition
  • Monday ~ Kindle ReviewMind Walk by Melissa Bowersock
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle ReviewChapter and Curse by Nancy Warren
  • Friday ~ Kindle ReviewDeception Walk by Melissa Bowersock

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Kindle Review ~ Doom and Broom by Sara Bourgeois
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Broom with a View by Sara Bourgeois
  • Friday ~ Kindle Review ~ Clean Sweep by Sara Bourgeois
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 357th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Hubby and I had just gotten up last Sunday when we felt the whole house shaking. Turns out it was a 5.1 earthquake in Sparta, NC. Cool. That's only the 2nd one I've ever felt, the other being in 2011 that came from Virginia.

It seems like I didn't do anything all week, but really I was just busy with normal everyday crap. We did have the grandkiddos over for a sleepover on Weds. Just Kyleigh (6) and Boone (4), not Baby Ollie (2 months). I'm not ready for a little one yet. I like my sleep.

We did grocery pick up on Friday morning then I decided, since it was not yet raining even though the forecast said it would be, I went out and mowed. Whew doggie. I stunk when I came back in. I told hubby my pits smelled like a teenage boys. Gross. lol A shower never felt so good.

Please keep your fingers and possibly your toes crossed that I have some exciting news to share next Sunday. And before anyone is a smartass, I am NOT pregnant. Pretty sure not. I mean, I'm fairly certain menopause has settled in since I've only had one month this year with an actual period and I've been getting hot flashes. All I can say is, it's about fucking time!

Touching Nature: Hot, rain, humid, rain, hot, rain, humid, thunder but no rain. Basically that's what the week has been like. We did manage to get an inch of rain on Friday night though. I managed to get the yard/weeds mowed Friday afternoon. That's a win because I didn't think I would get it done before the rain came in.

Book News: Ok, so this week I have 3 reviews scheduled but I have yet to write said reviews. I reallly better get crackin' on those. I'm 14 books behind schedule on my Goodreads challenge and I have 15 reviews to write. Which may turn into 16 soon. I'm finally ready to start visiting other blogs again, so I hope to see you all around the blogosphere.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Still in season 4 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel. Watched some Perry Mason on DVD, the Hurricanes, and the Indians. That's it. I told Trip we really need to get back to our Star Wars rewatch. We were somewhere in the middle of Rebels.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: There are two things in life that are strangely satisfying and they both involve peeling - 1. when the lint comes off in one easy hunk from the dryer lint trap 2. sunburned skin that comes off in big sheets. Convince me that I'm wrong. Nope. Can't. lol

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope


Purchased ebook
I had a discount so got a deal on it.



For Tour
Many thanks to The Write Reads!



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


5 comments:

  1. Exciting NEW! What exciting NEWS! I can't wait for exciting news! I need exciting news now!
    I still haven't seen a picture of Baby Ollie! Does he have chubby cheeks?

    Every time I take the dog for a walk I come back stinking. I hate hot weather.

    I am currently ignoring my goodreads goal, I know it's looking at me but I am just pretending it can't see me.

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can guess the news you are hoping for and no it's not pregnancy indeed LOL I will cross my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t wait for menopause proper, peri menopause is a bitch!
    Good luck with catching up on those reviews.

    Wishing you a great reading week, I’m looking forward to your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am excited for the misty rain this morning and a wind from the north the next couple days and 80s instead of 90s. I've been trying to get stricter with myself about getting after my tasks with some success. I'll look forward to your news!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol at the dirty dancing with a croc lol!! OK now I'm super curious and sending major vibes for good news. Fingers and toes and eyes crossed!!

    Have a great week ❤️!

    ReplyDelete