Monday, November 19, 2018

The Word Exchange

Book source ~ NetGalley
8 April 2014
Sci-Fi | Dystopian
384 Pages


My Rating ~ 1 bite
DNF @8%

I went into this book with the vague hope it would be a bit like Jasper Fforde’s Thursday Next series. It’s not. At all. It starts out interesting enough and then the author begins throwing around $100 words that, in all my years of reading, I had no idea what they meant. I couldn’t even guess what they were. Do you know how irritating it is to have to constantly stop to look up words? Very. Also, sentences tended to run on and on and on and on and on…in an effort to appear smart? I have no clue. Apparently this book is way beyond my brain capacity, so I saved myself major frustration, headaches, and crossed eyes and dropped it at 8%. Maybe others will get more out of it than me. I hope so. Because it seems like a great concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment