Monday, October 8, 2018

Kindle Review ~ Tempted by a Vampire

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


Book source ~ Free on Amazon
Currently 99¢
27 October 2015
Paranormal | Romance
224 Pages

My Rating ~ 1 bite

Magdalena “Maggie” De la Rosa and her best friend, Vanessa, move to San Francisco after college to pursue their dream jobs. On their first night in their new home city they go to club to hear a live band and Maggie meets lead singer Cian DeMarco. Instalove spills all over the place. But will she still love him when she finds out he’s a vampire?

I wanted to love this story, but I just couldn’t. The concept is pretty good, but the execution lacks finesse. It’s a bit two dimensional and the instalove is a huge turn off. There are convenient plot twists and the action scenes lack excitement. Maggie is a spineless idiot and Cian is an asshole. He finds a woman who attracts him then he compels her so he can fuck and feed. It’s a huge turn off. I do not care that he brings her many orgasms. It’s still a drugged rape. I am not ok with this. When Maggie finds out he’s a vampire and can compel people, she asks him if he compelled her and he lies when he says no. He used his whammy on her the first night they met, so HE could get what he wanted. And at the end? He doesn’t give a shit about what Maggie wants. It’s all about HIM. Wah, wah, wah. So, while I totally wanted to love this, I ended up at the opposite end of the spectrum and hated it. And that makes me sad. This review was hard for me to write because the author is the sweetest person EVER.

4 comments: