Friday, October 5, 2018

Echoes


Book source ~ ARC.
My review is voluntary and honest.
2011
Paranormal | Suspense
320 Pages


My Rating ~ 1 bite
DNF @34%

I can’t give a summary because I have no idea what this story is trying to tell me. Other than there’s evil brewing and unexplained murders.

There are multiple POVs and none of them make much sense. They aren’t coherent, there’s a lot of repetition, and the evil mystery is so mysterious, even at 34% in, that I have no clue what the hell is going on. And that’s not a compliment. The writing isn’t particularly good either. To sum this up in one word: disjointed.

I will say that I had this book for review back in 2012 and it fell through the cracks. I just found it and wanted to get it done. It’s possible it may have been revised and I don't know about it. Just FYI.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when you read a book and half way thru you realize it's not worth your time? Such a conflict between giving the author and book a chance and not wanting to waste our time.. ��
    Jee here from hookedonbookz. WordPress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to give a fair chance. Sometimes I can't make it very far, but by 34% it should at least be worth the effort. Ah well.

      Delete
  2. WordPress is my current blog don't go to the one on blogspot :)

    ReplyDelete