Sunday, October 21, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 264th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 263 Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 265 Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Not a lot going on. I mean, I had appts all week for pets and kids and the Fall maintenance on the heat pump but other than that it's been fairly quiet. Oh, other than on Thursday apparently some people were casing houses on our road and a resident chased them off and in the process shots were fired from the assholes. I only know this because a Sheriff's Detective came to the house asking us if we saw a suspicious vehicle and/or people on the road. Then a Deputy came and asked the same questions because apparently they narrowed it down to the area of road by us. Hubby was the only one home at the time of the incident and he said he was outside working on his chainsaw and heard shots fired but thought nothing of it. I mean, we live kinda out in the country and people shoot occasionally out here. Our house is in the woods over 300' from the road so we can't really see what's happening up there anyway. So...that's all we know about that hoopla. Crazy, right?

Touching Nature: It seems like Fall weather is finally here and it's nice to have cooler weather and much fewer bugs. We're still working on that tree that came down during Hurricane Michael. We got all the branches cleaned up from it and now hubby is slowly whittling away at the main trunk and larger limbs. There's a lot there and he has to keep sharpening his chainsaw. I wanted to give the grass a final mowing but the mower won't start so hubby will need to fiddle with it.

Book News: I have 3 reviews to write. Other than that I don't have much to report.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Hubby & I finished CSI and started the last season of Longmire. We're on the 2nd to last episode. Such a good show. I'm sorry it's over. Trip & I started and finished a rewatch of The Punisher then started a complete rewatch of Daredevil since Season 3 released Friday. Last night we finished Season 1, so we're cruising right along.

At the Flicks: Venom is on the menu today.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope.

Randomness:  I actually love this idea. lol


Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: If you have guns in the house you better know proper handling of them and be sure to teach everyone else, too.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


For Review





Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.
Do not lick your monitor. Death by Chocolate is just an image.


6 comments:

  1. That is crazy! I do however love that your house is 300' from the road. I seriously need to more to a less people area. I hate people.

    It is so windy today the house is shaking, not sure what that is all about but it's also cold. Like winter coat cold. We skipped fall completely!

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is crazy indeed! We never get this in my country but the law on weapons is different than in the US. I am just happy that you were not hurt! Sophei @bewareofthereader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm glad no one was hurt! We're in a rural subdivision, so we don't usually hear gunshots from hunters, though people do hunt in the woods and fields in the county. If I heard shots in the neighborhood, I would probably think it was firecrackers.

    We're enjoying the fact that fall has finally arrived. It's a welcome break after the mid-80s before the hurricane. Luckily, we didn't have any damage at our house, but the rain and wind from what was left of Michael caused flash flooding and downed trees throughout the county.

    Have a good week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a rural area and the neighbors are always shooting at snakes around the fish ponds. That sounds scary. Glad you stayed away from you. I loved Longmire and I hope you love the ending as much as I did. I plan to binge it again sometime. Right now I'm catching up on Blacklist.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would love to trade places with you! I have always wanted to live in the woods ♥️

    I saw those pics you uploaded last and the tree looked like a lot of work! I hope you finished the cleaning.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always think I'm going to do a themed reading month, used to be able to, before I got to asking for so many review books and joining tours. Hoping to settle that down a bit in 2019. Hopefully you have a good week coming up. I'm looking forward to all this cooler weather.
    Lisa Loves Literature's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete