Sunday, April 8, 2012

Island of Desire

Island of Desire
    ~ Lorie O'Clare
Publisher ~ Aphrodisia
Published ~ 31 January 2012

My Rating ~ 2 out of 5

Andrea Denton is a pageant director. Mark Tripp, Sr bought the Mr. Desire pageant, but then was too sick to do anything with it and asks his son, Mark Tripp, Jr, to make sure it doesn’t ruin the Tripp good name. They hire Andrea to run it after Sr. runs off the current pageant director with only a month to go until it is scheduled to air.

Ok, there were a lot of things I didn’t like about this book. First, Sr buys a pageant then deliberately runs off the pageant director, but we’re not told why he did that when his ‘good name’ means everything to him. Second, his ‘good name’ is only good because he has no scandal attached to it, not because he was a good man. He’s described as a ruthless bastard when it comes to business and ignores his wife and child just to make more and more and more money. Then when his wife dies he buries himself in even more work. Not a likeable guy in my opinion.

Next we have Mark, Jr. He seems obsessed with proving he’s not a rich playboy bastard living off his trust fund and uncaring of how the other half lives. I couldn’t connect with this guy. He turned me off completely.

Andrea is supposed to be a kick ass woman with mad pageant directing skills and an insanely short amount of time to pull off a miracle and preserve the Tripp good name yet she ends up letting Mark lead her around by the pussy. Not liking her either. In fact, I found her pathetic.

Lastly, the jewelry box search was hokey and forced. I have no idea what it had to do with the story except to give Mark something to do while Andrea was busy doing her job, the job that wasn’t all about her standing around with a dripping pussy aching for Mark to swoop in and dominate her before spearing her with his big cock.

I was disappointed. The blurb for this story sounded exciting and then it wasn’t. I couldn’t connect with the characters, the plot seemed forced and I didn’t care for the writing style.

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...Okay, you have effectively steered me away from this one. I think I'd love your review of it more than the actual novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed that I was disappointed. Does that make sense? lol I'll try another book by O'Clare, but it'll have to wait. I have a ton of others to review yet. :)

    ReplyDelete