Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)

Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)
    ~ Donna Kauffman
Publisher ~ Brava
Published ~ 31 January 2012

My Rating ~ 3 out of 5

Riley Brown and her behemoth dog Brutus move to Sugarberry, GA from Chicago when Riley’s seven year relationship goes to hell in a handbasket. She finds some peace in Sugarberry and for the first time in her life she finds good friends to share life’s ups and downs with. Then Quinn Brannigan, famous and hunky author, enters her life and Riley has to decide if she has the guts to grab life by the balls and take a chance on a relationship with him. You know what they say…No guts, no glory.

This was an ok read, well-written and smooth-flowing with interesting in-depth characters. For the most part, I enjoyed reading about the colorful characters from the first book, Sugar Rush. However…yeah, that’s like a big but (not butt) hanging out there except I like to use ‘however’…for me, there was way too much dialogue and angsting going on and not enough action. Just not my thing, but I’m sure is perfect for others because we can’t all like the same stuff. That would suck and not in a good way.

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment