Sunday, September 6, 2026

AVR Weekly News ~ 663rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme AVR Weekly News ~ 662nd Edition
  • Monday ~ Tour Review ~ The Last Rift Dragon by Shami Stovall
  • Thursday ~ Tour Review ~ Dead Teenager Movie by Cethan Leahy
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: A Dangerous Crossing 
 
  • Tuesday ~ Audiobook Review ~ The Ink Witch by Lindsay Sparks
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Once Gone by Blake Pierce
  • Friday ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: The Last Rift Dragon 
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 664th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!




On the Home Front

Sunday ~ Up a bit late. My lower back hurt something awful. It eased a bit after moving around, but still ouchie. I had Trip walk the dogs and I started making 2 pans of French Toast Bake. But Chris had to go home before they finished. I said Anna could bring it to work tomorrow, so I ended up with 4 pieces to put in the fridge. Lazed all day because of my back.

Monday ~ Back feels better. Did the morning stuff. Went to ACE Hardware for some ant bait (inside and outside). Trip and I put those out then we emptied the Chewy boxes in the garden shed and put away the bird seed. Fed the critters. Emptied Mr. Bin. Watered the plants, refilled bird baths, put some tomato cages out, and repotted Anna's lily plant that had gotten too big for its britches. Cleaned the dehumidifier filter from under the house. Came in soaked in sweat. Gross. Opened the dishwasher for Trip to empty and realized it did not run last night even though I turned it on. It must have gotten stuck on pause. Ugh. So I ran it then showered. We had Mystery Tea then I picked up Kyle at work since Anna had an appt. Trip and I used the Pilot to take the trash can and both recycling cans up the drive since the Kubota isn't back yet. Leftovers for dinner.

Tuesday ~ Worked on the computer during the day. Kubota is back home. Made Trip an omelet for lunch. Picked up Kyle at work. 2 packages of Pulmuone Stir Fry Noodles with Mongolian-Style Beef for dinner. Kinda spicy but tasty and drinking milk made it not so hot. For me anyway. Everyone said it was a bit spicy, but good. So that will go into the dinner rotation when it's on sale again at Food Lion. Although BJ's has a Korean-Style we've had and liked. So maybe I'll grab that next week. Super easy to make.

Wednesday ~ I had a dental cleaning in the morning so Trip rode along. When I was done we stopped at DQ for a Blizzard cake using Kyle's points then hit BJ's for some groceries. We didn't need much, so it didn't take long. Good thing because it was super fucking hot and I didn't want the cake melting. We'll hit Food Lion tomorrow. Made omelets for Trip and I for lunch. Anna bought herself and Kyle Bojangles on the way home from work because she owed him, so Trip and I had a frozen pizza.

Thursday ~  After the usual morning stuff Trip and I went to Food Lion for some groceries. After everything was put away we fed the critters, I did the bird baths, and hummingbird feeders. Watered the tomatoes. The cedar feeder we stick an ear of corn on for the squirrels (cheapass POS) broke, so I fixed that. So fucking hot out. UGH. Came in and took a shower. Trip and I had sandwiches for lunch. Mr Puggles had an app't so I picked Kyle up at work. Chris went with Anna to the appt then spent the night. I made 3 packages of Pulmuone Teriyaki Udon w/chicken for dinner. Delicious. Will look for it to go on sale again.

Photo for reference. This shit is tasty!
Though they really skimp on the meat.
Because of course they do.

Friday ~ Morning stuff, some blog stuff, made grilled cheese for Trip and I for lunch and then lazy, watching tv. Anna and Kyle didn't get home until nearly 5pm. Said traffic was horrible. I had Ramen for dinner. Roast Beef flavor. Trip had 6 corn dogs. 6! lol Nasty storm rolled through. At one point the thunder was rolling non-stop. Wow. Major lightning strike right outside the house. Scared everyone. I couldn't see any damage to a tree but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there in the woods. Hailed for a little bit, but it was small. Rained. Got about an inch. Watched tv. Went to bed around midnight.

Saturday Anna went out to get Biscuitville before I got up and brought back breakfast for everyone. So I got up, feed the furries and had Trip walk the dogs so I could eat my food. I had to warm it up in the microwave, but it was good. Then I ran to Food Lion for marinade, baking potatoes, and a few other things. Came home and put the ribeyes in the marinade because Kyle will be grilling later. Then I worked on this post while Trip and Kyle were gaming. Trip's turn for litterboxes, so I'm waiting until they take a break. Even though I could have done my own bathroom first. It's cooler out, but still humid and storms are forecasted for later. Lazy. Hard to get going on the cleaning. [break] 
Ok, I'm back. I did the dishes in the sink then I actually did do my bathroom while they finished up a campaign or whatever they were doing. Then I started on the laundry room. Kyle took the dogs out then went to take a nap. Trip and I did litterboxes. It started thundering and getting very windy (knocking all kinds of shit out of the trees) while we were on the back deck. Then it started raining a bit, but we were mostly done by then. It's so nice having a shed roof over part of the deck. Makes doing litter so much easier in bad weather. While the laundry room floor dried from mopping I put the rugs back in my bathroom, put away the fan I used to dry the floor, folded a load of towels, dropped another load in the washer, and moved the now clean petstuff to the dryer. Put my rugs back down. Got the 2 whole chickens I bought on Wednesday at BJ's out of the fridge, took the necks and gizzards out & dumped in the trash, and transferred the birds to freezer bags for future dinners. I changed my sweaty clothes. Kyle got up and they started gaming again. I grabbed a Creamy Coconut Dr. Pepper (zero sugar) and came back to this post. During all of that it rained hard and thundered some more, but it's just thundering a bit now. And still dark. Much darker than 3:45pm should be. It's also much cooler out, so yay! Folded petstuff, moved towels to dryer, and put last load of towels in washer. Looked outside. Birds were fighting over the Bird Buddy. lol It's the only feeder with a little roof. Kyle grilled ribeyes and we had baked potatoes. Watched tv.

Today Nancy is coming at noon to do the dogs' nails. I need to finish the 1st Weekend of the Month Cleaning. That means cleaning ceiling fans (well, the blades anyway lol), change the furnace filters, clean the air purifier filters, and replace the hallway runner because a cat barfed on it now I have to shampoo it. I don't think I can put it in the washer. It's really long. At least I already did the filter on the dehumidifier. And Trip needs to do the water filter under the house.

Mystery Tea

MondayWise Counsel Herbal Tea ~ Olive leaf, lemongrass, liquorice root, peppermint, ginger root, lemon myrtle, apple pieces ~ best by 1/2024
Funny that we had this back on Monday 8/17. And interesting that I've since found out it was one of five teas Plum Deluxe customers did not like. So, of course, I ordered all five flavors for us to try. The most hated flavor was Carrot Cake and we killed that last week. So awful we couldn't even finish it. lol This is honestly not a bad tea. It doesn't wow us, but we'd drink it again. Good thing because there's enough for one more pot.

Tuesday ~ Happy Halloween Black Tea ~ Black tea, rooibos, apple pieces, vanilla essences ~ best by 10/2023 
So it's only September. I can't help Trip picked this out of the basket. lol We both liked this, but we finished it off, so that's it for that one. Though Plum Deluxe does have a very similar one called Halloween Blend.

Wednesday ~ Guardians Tea

Thursday ~ Guardians Tea

Friday ~ Guardians Tea double header
New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ I Marvel series binged this week.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Nope. Too fucking hot and humid.


Touching Nature:  Hot, HOt, HOT. And humid. Ugh. Major thunder and lightning Friday evening and rain. Got about an inch. A lightning strike hit right outside the house. Holy shit! I didn't see a tree in the woods that looked damaged, but with all the trees and greenery, it's kinda thick out there. But holy fucking hell. That was like, right on top of us! More storming on Saturday.

Book News:  Finished 2 audiobooks. Wrote a few reviews. That's about it for this week. 77 reviews to go.😬

Don't Touch That Dial!: I finished Daredevil S:2 and was starting season 3 when I realized I needed to watch Defenders first. Which meant I needed to watch Jessica Jones S:1 first. And Luke Cage as well as Iron Fist. However, Trip and I never watched Luke Cage or Iron Fist in our first watch, so I just skipped them again. Watched Jessica Jones S:1, Defenders, Punisher S:1, and am working my way through Jessica Jones S:2. Then I'll watch Daredevil S:3, Punisher S:2, and Jessica Jones S:3 which Trip and I never did watch. After that? I may keep going to Daredevil: Born Again and The Punisher: One Last Kill which we've never seen. We'll see. Or maybe I'll be ready to just read in the evenings again.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokémon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.

Randomness:   

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: This. It's exhausting.



That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.




Chirp
One discounted bundle and 2 freebies








No comments:

Post a Comment