Monday, August 31, 2026

The Write Reads Blog Tour Review: The Last Rift Dragon by Shami Stovall





















The City of Bridgehaven is under attack.

The nation to the west intends to murder Bridgehaven’s last three remaining dragons, rendering them extinct. They’ll stop at nothing to crush the eggs, flay the dragons, and burn Bridgehaven to the ground.
But Richter Whitlock is determined to make sure that doesn’t happen. He joins the Knights of the Silver Fog—individuals dedicated to protecting Bridgehaven, and the dragons, at all costs—in the hopes of caring for a fragile dragon egg, so that one day he may bond and fight back.
But there are traitors in Bridgehaven, and enemies are circling close.
If Richter hopes to save his home, and his egg, he’ll have to master his magic, learn to craft magitech, and become one of the greatest Knights anyone has ever seen…


Fantasy
20 July 2026
340 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble



Oh, Shami, Shami, Shami. How I love you your books! You bring it all to the pages. This Fantasy is well-written with excellent characters, an awesome world, and a great plot. Add in danger, action, loyalty, betrayal, and dash of humor and you’ve cooked up an absolutely entertaining tale keeping me glued to the pages for hours. I always have a book hangover when I’ve finished one of your books. I close the book, look around, and think…”Well, shit.” No, seriously. Ok, maybe sometimes I use fuck instead of shit. But you get the idea. I’ve been so immersed that I forget it’s fiction and not real life. My only teeny tiny observation is that Richter can be a bit of an idiot sometimes. I know, I know! He’s young and this is an extremely stressful situation. I can’t help it. If I were there I’d have to smack him with my Croc™.

Anyway, I highly recommend this book if you like Fantasy, magic, and dragons.



Shami Stovall is a multi-award-winning author of fantasy and science fiction, best known for her Frith Chronicles and Chronos Chronicles series. Before she was author, Stovall taught history and criminal law at the college level, and loved every second.

When she’s not reading fascinating articles and books about ancient China or the Byzantine Empire, Stovall can be found playing way too many video games, especially RPGs and tactics simulators, or hanging with John 3 and John 4.






No comments:

Post a Comment