The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer.
~ Recap the past week ~
~ Show what's upcoming ~
~ Share news ~
~ Display book hauls ~
- Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 661st Edition
- Monday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Murder of Crows by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
- Tuesday ~ Tour Review ~ A Dangerous Crossing by Jane Mitchell
- Monday ~ Tour Review ~ The Last Rift Dragon by Shami Stovall
- Thursday ~ Tour Review ~ Dead Teenager Movie by Cethan Leahy
- Friday ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: A Dangerous Crossing
- Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 663rd Edition
Hello and Happy Sunday!
On the Home Front
Sunday ~ Last night as I was heading to bed a thunderstorm rolled through. Fell asleep to thunder. Ahhh. Kyle then Trip used my shower, so I got up at 9:00. Came out to see those little black fucking ants all over my counter. Fuuuuck! I hate them! Did the usual morning stuff then took everything off my counter, killed a fuckton of those fuckers, wiped everything down, and replaced it all. Kyle said he'd buy Biscuitville for breakfast so I picked it up. Except he wanted a blueberry muffin and I completely forgot because I don't usually order sweets from there. Dammit! I'm a terrible mother. lol After eating, Trip and I went out to feed the critters. I dumped Mr. Bin and sprayed him out with the hose and refilled the bird baths. Then I went back to Biscuitville for Kyle's blueberry muffin (I bought 2 lol) and stopped at CVS for a prescription. Folded my clothes. Fed the critters. Refilled the bird baths. Basically just puttered around. Anna and Chris showed up around 5:30. Chris spent the night. Leftovers for dinner.
Monday ~ Anna and Kyle still on OT. Gorgeous weather. Spent all day inside working on the blog and other computer-related things. Trip was up before me to watch The Lord of the Rings extended edition in the living room. I caught him sleeping a few times. lol I wrote 2 reviews and plopped them in their drafts. Scheduled one, but still waiting on Anna to make my banner to do the one for tomorrow. Which she did when she got home from work. Leftovers for dinner for Kyle and Anna. I had a turkey sandwich, some cheese & crackers, potato salad, and cherry tomatoes. Trip had Ramen. I watched a Murdoch Mysteries then switched to Daredevil Season 1. I tried going back to Heroes, but meh. The next episode in MM is a two parter. Meh. I was too tired to read. I knew I'd just fall asleep.
Tuesday ~ More gorgeous weather. I wish it was like this all the time. I really should do some outside projects, but I don't mentally feel like it since I had planned to try to write up some more reviews. Trip up before me to shower and finish up with The Return of the King. I wrote 3 more reviews. Go me! Found out Dolly Parton died. NOOOOOOO!! Fuck you, Grim Reaper for taking the wrong 80-yr-old! Picked up Kyle at work. Spaghetti for dinner with sausage, garlic bread, and garlic breadsticks. I grated fresh parmesan, too. Yum! Watched Daredevil until I went to bed around 11pm. 4 episodes left in Season 1.
Wednesday ~ More gorgeous weather. I was really not mentally prepared for Ma Nature to pull these truly gorgeous August days out of her ass. I have projects to do outside, but can't just shift gears like I used to. Worked a bit on cleaning up some files on the computer and watched way too many Dolly Parton tributes. Ok, there's no such thing as too many. Then found out Tim Curry died. What in the actual fuck?! Another wrong 80-yr-old! Dammit, Grim Reaper! Like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target! Do you need fucking glasses?! Ugh. Made sausage gravy biscuits for dinner.
Thursday ~ Did the morning stuff and a few other chores, then we went to Food Lion to get some groceries. Found out Peter Cullen died. What Is Happening?! Linder Turf and Tractor came to pick up the Kubota for maintenance. Didn't need to pick up Kyle this week. Made Mississippi Pot Roast and rice for dinner.
Friday ~ Slept really horrible. Not exactly sure why. Though I think I may have Restless Leg Syndrome. Worked on the blog while on the phone with Social Security about Trip's disability. I actually had no wait time this go round. Woot. But I was on the phone with him for 41 minutes while he tried to figure out what was going on. Anyway, long story short, we have another phone interview on 9/15. After that he should get it reinstated. Keep your fingers crossed. Trip and I fed critters, I cleaned and refilled hummingbird feeders, refilled bird baths and watered the maters. Laundered towels. Linder called with how much the maintenance would be. I approved even though the cost made me practically swallow my tongue even though Kyle's paying it. It's his tractor after all. I guess Kyle and I should figure out how to do this stuff ourselves.
Saturday ~ Up at 4am to take Kyle to work since Anna didn't have to go in. On the way home I gave in to temptation and stopped at McD's to get a sausage egg & cheese McMuffin, hashbrown, and tea. I stopped buying at McD's except for the grandkiddos, so it's been awhile since I had one. But I knew I wasn't going back to bed and I needed cleaning fuel. I ate my food in the Food Lion parking lot while continuing to listen to my audiobook then headed home. I did the dishes, washed the dog bowls, water dishes & holder, and pet mat, washed both my Instant Pots, scrubbed the sink, made a mug of tea, changed my bedstuff, washed my bedstuff & the pet cover for my bed, folded a load of towels from yesterday, cleaned my bathroom (finished my audiobook and started another), washed 2 more loads of towels, washed a bunch of rugs, washed pet stuff, mopped the kitchen, hall, and main area & put down clean rugs, folded a load of towels, woke Anna to go pick up Kyle (and stop to get brats) in exchange I would do the litterboxes since it was her turn, which I did along with cleaning the laundry room after she left, vacuumed the office and my bedroom, folded final load of towels and my clean bedstuff then finally cleaned myself in the shower. lol When I sat down in my office chair to put lotion on my feet (and socks) that was the first I had sat down since getting out of the car at 5:30am. My feet, knees, and back were killing me. Chris came over and he took the Chewy boxes of birdseed to the garden shed for me even though I said the boys were going to do it soon. I worked on this post. Anna and Chris went out to celebrate their 6 month anniversary. Kyle grilled brats.
Today I plan to make French Toast Bake for breakfast. Other than that, who knows?
Mystery Tea
Monday ~ None.
Tuesday ~ Snow Day Tea ~ Black tea, apple pieces, peppermint, coconut pieces, cinnamon, blackberry leaf ~ no best by date
This is a pretty good tea that we both like. Can really taste the coconut, but not the cinnamon so much. Which is unusual as cinnamon tends to speak loud and clear. Could be that its so old it faded.
Wednesday ~ Carrot Cake Herbal Tea ~ Green rooibos, carrot flakes, pineapple cubes, apple pieces, almond pieces, walnut pieces, coconut pieces, cinnamon, clove, carrot & nut essences (whew! that's a lot of ingredients!)~ best by 3/2024
We both hate this. I emptied the bag so I don't have to worry about it coming back into rotation again. lol Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe this was one of the teas at Plum Deluxe that customers hated and I bought it for just that reason before it was dropped. lmao Unfortunately, I think I picked a couple of other hated flavors along with that one and they are in that basket somewhere. 😬
Thursday ~ Blackberry Mojito Black Tea ~ Black tea, spearmint, blackberries, hazelnut pieces, blackberry leaves, lime essence, maple extract ~ no best by but it's the only pound of tea that I've ever bought and I bought it in February. I wanted a favorite after yesterday's debacle, so I had already added it to the teapot when Trip came over and said he was going to pick since my pick yesterday tasted like ass. Rude! But true. lmao Anyway, this tea has two ingredients that I actually dislike: nuts and maple. However, I can't taste either one of them. It's a really delicious smelling and tasting tea that we both enjoy. I actually bought a pound of it (on sale lol) because I wanted to try it as an iced tea, but I haven't gotten around to putting it through my brewer yet. Well, first, I had to get filters, but I finally remembered to get those like 2 months ago. So I really need to give this a go.
Friday ~ We've killed another bag of Victorian Garden Grey Black Tea ~ Black tea, honeybush tea, apple pieces, raspbery leaves,strawberry/blueberry/raspberry pieces, jasmine, lavender, rose petals, blue cornflower, bergamot oil ~ best by 6/2023
This is a yummy tea even though I'm not a big fan of rose which can sometimes be overpowering. We had a bit extra so steeped it twice which was no hardship as we both like it.
New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ I binged for a couple of days.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Nope. It was hot then it was wet. Yay for wet!
Touching Nature: Monday - Wednesday was gorgeous! Thursday more humid and Friday a bit more humid and hot. Saturday looked like rain several times a day with thunder grumbling, but not much rain.
Book News: I wrote 5 reviews! Woot! I was at 82, dropped to 77 and now sits at 78.
Don't Touch That Dial!: Daredevil. Season 2 is The Punisher. Yay! Even though I hate Electra and Karen I do love Frank Castle.
At the Flicks: Nope.
Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokemon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.
Randomness:
Randomness:
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I have no words of wisdom this week. I'm tired. I'm tired of everything. The world is on fire, good people instead of bad are dying, I need some income and healthcare that's not tied to the wasband, but have no idea how to work (if I can even get hired anywhere) and take care of everything I already do here. That I feel like I'm not appreciated for doing. My life is an unpaid full time job. Like I make everyone's life easier and no one gives a shit about me. It's exhausting. Anyway, whatever.
That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
For Review
I actually got these awhile ago and forgot to add them.
Chirp
Nothing this week.









No comments:
Post a Comment