The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer.
~ Recap the past week ~
~ Show what's upcoming ~
~ Share news ~
~ Display book hauls ~
- Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 660th Edition
- Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Blog Tour: The Driftborn
- Monday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Murder of Crows by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
- Tuesday ~ Tour Review ~ A Dangerous Crossing by Jane Mitchell
- Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 662nd Edition
Hello and Happy Sunday!
On the Home Front
Sunday ~ Puttered around. Anna, Trip, and Kyle did some gaming. Kyle washed and dried his clothes then Anna got to work washing hers. I put all but one small load of her clothes away. Washed a few blankets, but did not get to stripping her bed or the upper bunk. Stormed in the late afternoon. Fuckton of thunder and lightning then rain. 1.5" of it. I love thunder. Leftover steak for dinner. I watched a Murdoch Mysteries then read. Stayed up way past my bedtime.
Monday ~ Anna and Kyle still on OT. I got up a bit late. Oops. Stripped Anna's bed and the top bunk. So much litter tracked up there. Holy fuck. It all fell to the floor when I pulled the comforter down, so I had to vacuum it up. Washed everything. While loads were doing their thing I drafted a bunch of blog posts. Just need to write the reviews and plop them in to be scheduled. Didn't get Anna's bed completely done, but Chris came home with them after work so they put all the pillowcase protectors and pillowcases on the pillows. Stormed right after they got home. 1/2" in the rain gauge. Fend for yourself for dinner. Only 2 steaks were left so I let them gladiator fight over decide who got those. I had a plate of snacky snacks: hummus, guacamole, naan, black olives, and cheese and crackers. Watched Murdoch Mysteries while I ate then took a long nap. Oops.
Tuesday ~ Up a bit late again. I need to get out of this cycle. Finished the last basket of Anna's clothes. Why does this woman have so many unmatched socks?! My gast is flabbered. Finished making her bed and folding all her blankets. She has a ton of pillows and blankets. Good lawd. Also wrapped the pillows on the top bunk with blankets so the cats could lay on them and then we can just wash the blankets when needed. Played on my phone for awhile. Woke Trip up. I needed to make a CVS run so he rode along to get Pokémon spins. Our weekly challenge turned out to be spins so we did a quick turn around in the area to get some extra. I had brought one recycling can down when I walked the dogs, so I stopped at the top of the drive for him to bring down the other and the trash can. He walked the dogs, I fed the cats then we went out to feed the critters. The feeders have been empty a couple of days because of the rain. Cleaned and refilled bird bathes. Picked Kyle up at work. Made Mystery Tea. Breakfast Casserole for dinner. I saw this on Instagram: north_omaha_cat_lady It turned out ok. I will make again with a few more tweaks (I used shredded hashbrowns and different seasonings) that I think will improve it. Watched Murdoch Mysteries then finished a tour book.
Wednesday ~ Up at 7:45. Did the usual morning shit then forced myself to go out and mow. Not quite as hot, but humid. Whew! Did the east side and front before Trip came out to do the weedeating. I took a break and refilled the mower and hydrated myself with water and a tiny can of V8. Grabbed my bandana which I had forgotten. The grass/weeds were wet, wet, wet. I kept getting clumps under the mower. What a pain in the ass. I lost my will to live doing the west side yard and part of the back that has actual green stuff growing. I did not do all of it. Cuz fuck that shit. Took another hydration break before showering. Had Trip put away the gas can and move the mower and trash can. He showered when I was done, took the dogs out, and we left to go get groceries around 12:30. Why? Why did we do this to ourselves? Stopped at the Natural Dog for dogfood then hit up Blue Ribbon Diner to fuel our bellies. After an excellent lunch we stopped at Lowe's for ant killer (fuck those tiny black ants that keep coming in my kitchen around my window!) and some gardening gloves for Oliver because he requested some. Next stop Krispy Kreme for Limited Edition Pokémon donuts. Then the car wash and finally, BJ's for some groceries. Got home, unloaded, put away said groceries, and had Trip push the mower up to the top of the drive. I followed in the Pilot, so he could rest in it with the AC on while I mowed. Got all finished and Trip pushed the mower back down with plenty of time before Anna and Kyle made it home. Kyle showered then he, Trip, and Anna started gaming. I'm not sure what game they are playing. lol Pokémon donuts for dinner. So healthy! 🤣 I watched a Murdoch Mysteries.
Thursday ~ After doing the morning stuff I woke Trip to go to Food Lion for some groceries. We hit some more Pokémon spins and finished the weekly challenge. After putting the groceries away we went out to fix the rain trench, feed the critters, put the tomato cages around the tomato plants, and I put ant killer along the foundation wall to hopefully stop the little black ants from coming into the kitchen. I fucking hate those damn things. It seems like whenever it gets wet outside they come in. And they are getting in somewhere around the new casement window. Came in soaked in sweat even though those tasks were not nearly strenuous enough to warrant that much perspiration. Ugh. Took a whore's bath (thanks, mom for that saying lol) changed clothes, folded towels, then worked on my Friday Featured Spotlight post for tomorrow. Finished up around the time I needed to leave to get Kyle at Anna's therapy app't, but a bit earlier because his car needed gas and I needed to stop and pick up some cans of dogfood that the Natural Dog didn't have. The cashier said yesterday that the truck was in, but they hadn't stocked yet. Missions accomplished. Leftovers for dinner. I had breakfast casserole, Trip had the last of the breakfast casserole and donuts. I think Kyle had donuts. Anna went to Chris's after her app't and came home by 10pm. I watched a Murdoch Mysteries and then Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets while I played my daily games and sorted through my recent Pokémon.
Friday ~ Up around 8:30. Morning stuff complete I worked on the computer for a bit. Got some rain around 11:30. Put together the cabinet that came yesterday from Wayfair. Why are cabinets so fucking expensive?!?! I just wanted one for out on the deck, but plastic was sky high and most metal ones, too. I didn't really want wood. I finally picked a metal cabinet that should hold up ok and wasn't expensive enough to give me a heart attack. Trip got up in time to help me finish and put it out on the back deck. Pork butt in the Instant Pot, rice, broccoli and mashed potatoes (baked for Kyle) for dinner. Chris here to spend the night. Stayed up too late watching Harry Potter. Trip joined me in the living room to watch some before I said I'd had enough at 1am. No worries. It'll be on again tomorrow. lol
Saturday ~ Anna, Kyle, and Chris had to work. I got up a bit late. After walking the dogs I was going to get started on the cleaning so I could be done early, but Anna texted asking if I'd pick up Kyle at work so she could go hang out at Chris's. So that scrapped my plans. Kyle's turn to do the litter so after we got home I got started on the laundry room. Cleaned the cats' fountain, did the litter and all the stuff I normally do. Put stuff away in my new cabinet on the deck. Did my bathroom and cleaned Eevee's fountain. Now I'm all out of whack because I was alternating their fountains every other week, so I wasn't doing both the same week. Had some lunch - leftovers from last night. Vacuumed, killed a million little black ants around my kitchen sink. I guess the stuff I put outside isn't working. Ugh! I was finally done around 4:45 so I showered then fed the furries. Tossed my clothes in the washer. Anna and Chris showed up around 5:15. They cleared a path to her "in case of emergency" window. Kyle grilled hamburgers and hot dogs.
So much neater!
I decided to keep the litter on the back deck since that's where we empty and refill the litterboxes. Which was the main reason I wanted a cabinet of some kind. The vinegar and baking soda is to scrub the deck of the white stuff coming up through the stain. As soon as it's not Satan's taint outside. This coming week might be cool enough to scrub it. We'll see.
Today I'd like to change out my rugs and wash them. And I need to mop. Otherwise, I may just read. But who knows? I tend to putter on Sundays.
Mystery Tea
Monday ~ Wise Counsel Herbal Tea ~ Olive leaf, lemongrass, liquorice root, peppermint, ginger root, lemon myrtle, apple pieces ~ best by 1/2024
Normally the teas need to steep 3-5 minutes, but this one was 5-7 minutes. Interesting. We both liked it. It didn't wow us, but would drink again.
Tuesday ~ Winter Wonderland Black Tea ~ Black tea, green rooibos, hazelnut pieces, cacao nib, cinnamon pieces, hazelnut essence. ~ best by 1/2023
Whew. Very nutty in smell and taste! Despite that, it's not bad. Either hazelnut is not as strong a taste as pecan or almond or it's gotten fainter as it's gotten older. lol
Wednesday ~ Lady Grey Black Tea ~ Black tea, orange peel, lemon peel, blue cornflowers, bergamot oil, vanilla essence ~ best by 6/2024
This is a favorite. Trip got up to finish off the pot (which he usually does if we aren't using our super large mugs) and I had already beat him to it. lol
Thursday ~ Guardians played at 1:00, so we had Team Tea.
Friday ~ Hammock Blend Black Tea ~ Black tea, orange peels, natural crème flavor ~ best by 9/2023
We both liked this. There was a bit too much for one pot, but not really enough for two, so I just used it all and steeped it twice so it wouldn't be wasted. So, we had a lot of Mystery Tea. lol
Saturday ~ Queens Blend Green Tea ~ Green tea, apple pieces, orange peels, blue cornflowers, calendula, bergamot oil, lemon and vanilla essences ~ best by 1/2023
This is a good one. Lots of flavor.
New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ I did read some.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Mowed.
Touching Nature: Hot, humid, gross. Some rain. Saturday a bit cooler though the humidity is still kinda high. Ragweed is rising as grass is falling. Poor Kyle.
Book News: Plodding along. Need to write some reviews for sure. I think I'm at 80? Or so? Eek
Don't Touch That Dial!: Paused Heroes for Murdoch Mysteries and Harry Potter.
At the Flicks: Nope.
Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokémon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.
Randomness: This is true.
Randomness: This is true.
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Defeatist attitudes don't help. The world and everything sucks. But if everyone does a little bit, it makes a difference. You can't always do the big things. It's not practical. But little tweaks here and there do work. So, look around. What can you do to help? I don't shop (if at all possible) at places that support Republicans, MAGA, Dozy Don, or places that hate others just for existing. Money talks. Spend wisely. Recycle as much as possible. Try to repair instead of replace. Grow your own food. I know, that's not possible for many. Just do what you can. Small things add up.
That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
Chirp
Nothing this week.










No comments:
Post a Comment