Sunday, August 16, 2026

AVR Weekly News ~ 660th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme AVR Weekly News ~ 659th Edition
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ The Driftborn by Simon Bullock
 
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Blog Tour: The Driftborn
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 661st Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!



On the Home Front

Sunday ~ Did a bit of cleaning here and there. Mostly just puttering around. My SIL Amy stopped in for a couple hour visit in the afternoon. Was wonderful to see her. She loves the kitchen! Don't we all?

Monday ~ OT again this week for Anna and Kyle. Did the usual morning shit then Trip and I left to pick up the grandkiddos, but stopped at Great Clips for haircuts first since it was kinda on the way. Whew. We were overdue. After picking up the knee nibblers (though they are much more grown now at 12, 10 & 6) we went to BJ's for some supplies. Like more eggs and some snacky snacks. Once back home they took over the living room like they usually do 😂 and I made some boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, brewed their favorite ice tea, made a pan of brownies then got to making 3 lbs of bacon because they wanted breakfast for dinner. Boone called dibs on the rollaway bed that Trip usually slept on (we brought it from the farm because that was his bed on all visits). Trip decided they could take turns and he'd sleep in mom's (now my) recliner.

Tuesday ~ Morning stuff complete I worked on the computer while the lazybones all slept in (including Trip). I have no doubt they were up late. Once they were up around noon I made eggs and toast for lunch. I picked Kyle up from work since Anna had an app't. Chris spent the night. Spaghetti for dinner. It stormed in the evening. Like, a lot. Thunder, lightning, and 2" of rain in the rain gauge. Trip and the grandkiddos decided to run around in the rain. I can't blame them. It did cool off for a bit.

Wednesday ~ Boone requested pigs in a blanket for breakfast (well closer to lunch), so I went to Food Lion since I had blankets (biscuits) but no pigs (Li'l Smokies). Made those. While I was eating a biscuit I broke a molar. WTAF Turns out there was a cavity hiding in it we didn't know about and must have weakened it or it developed a crack that finally gave out. Sneaky ass bitch. It doesn't hurt but is very sharp. Oliver and Kyleigh helped feed the critters. Picked up Kyle at an app't Anna had after work. Took Kyleigh with me so she could go with Anna to the park afterwards with a coworker. Popcorn chicken and fries for dinner. Got woken up at 2am by Trip to say Oliver was complaining he couldn't see out of his eyes. While I was getting up Trip went to the other bathroom and had him start flushing out his eyes. By the time I got there he was saying it was getting better so I instructed do it some more with Trip to supervise and I went back to bed. Not sure what that's about. Trip said they went bad to bed not long after I did.

Thursday ~ Up a bit later than usual. Did the morning stuff then computer work. When everyone finally got up around noon Oliver said he probably just had eye goobies. Trip was worried he may have unintentionally got him with the Lysol he sprayed on the recliner before sitting in it. But Oliver didn't say it burned and Trip knows from personal experience it burns like a mofo. Don't ask. lol Anyway, told April she should probably make an app't with the eye doctor. Around 2pm I told them to get all their stuff together and ready to go. We stopped at McD's for their ritual lunch then dropped them off. Since the dentist is over by where they live I dropped in to see if I could get evaluated. They had a spot at 4pm so I said I'd be back. Swung by the mechanic's place to drop off Timothy's birthday card which had been Monday. Played some Pokemon while waiting for Anna and Kyle to show up at her therapy app't. Grabbed Kyle then dashed back to the dentist only 5 minutes late, but I had told them I wouldn't be exactly on time. Bad news. Needs a root canal and I don't do those. So, I got a referral to get it pulled. Dentist also ground down the pointy bits so I'm not chewing up the inside of my cheek. Hit up Dairy Queen and then home. Anna went to Chris's after her app't. Cleaned up the living room. Washed all the blankets and pillow cases including the ones on the rollaway bed. Vacuumed and put the furniture back. Ahhh. I have my living room back. lol Had spaghetti sauce leftover from Tuesday so made more pasta. Watched Heroes in the evening.

Friday ~ It was a toss up to see if we'd do the yardwork or go grocery shopping. So fucking gross outside I decided grocery shopping it is. Did some blog work then woke Trip up around 10:30 to go. First we went to drop off Kyleigh's water bottle she left behind and a sock (Boone's) and pair of shorts (Oliver's). They are always leaving shit behind. lol Then we got gas at BJ's, made a quick stop at Walmart for a 40 lb bag of sunflower seeds for the birds, Dairy Queen for lunch then a grabbed a free Blizzard cake since Kyle said his points were expiring, then headed to Food Lion. We were quick because of the ice cream cake. Kyle wanted me to pick up NY Strips since they were on sale and he would grill them tomorrow. I scored 5. Picked up a few other things then headed home. While I put stuff away Trip took the dogs out. Dumped the composter (Mr. Bin), fed the critters, and refilled the bird baths. Leftovers for dinner. I made Kyle and I baked potatoes to go with some leftover bacon. I watched a Murdoch Mysteries while eating then scrolled Instagram for awhile before starting a tour book. Went to bed at midnight. Oops.

Saturday ~ Up after 9am. Oops. At least the dogs had gone out late last night. I really gotta stop turning off my 8am alarm and not getting up. Did the morning stuff then was lazy. Anna and Kyle got home at 11:35 so I reluctantly got moving. Kyle woke Trip up and after Trip showered they started gaming. I ran to Food Lion to see if there were more NY Strip steaks since Kyle wanted to grill today. I scored 4 more. Beef is so fucking expensive it's ridiculous. Even on sale it's $9.99/lb. Anyway, Kyle's buying so 😎. Picked up Artemis's eye drops at CVS. Then I got cleaning. Laundry room first since the boys would be breaking soon to take the dogs out and do some chores. Then I did my bathroom. Folded a load of towels from the other day. Did 2 more loads of towels, changed my bedstuff and washed those and a load of pet stuff. Showered. It got dark and stormy out around 5:30pm. Rained some. I haven't checked the rain gauge. Still gross out. Did the dishes that had piled up in the sink. After Kyle grilled I watched a Murdoch Mysteries while eating then worked on this post.

Today Unsure. Maybe work on Anna's room? Her clothes at least. I need my damn baskets back. The top bunk needs stripped and all stuff washed. The cats leave fur and litter everywhere up there. And I bought a pet blanket to make cleaning easier, so we need to get that up there. I have one for my bed because I got tired of Eevee barfing on my bed and it soaking all the way through to the mattress protector. We may just have a lazy day. Or maybe do clothes in the morning and then lazy day. Maybe I'll make French Toast Bake for breakfast. That's a lot of maybes.

Mystery Tea

Monday ~ Tea Break White Tea ~ White tea, orange peel, tangerine & honeydew melon essence ~ best by 4/2024
This is very tasty. We both like it.

Tuesday ~ Gratitude Blend Black Tea ~ Black tea, orange peel, blue cornflower, strawberry, raspberry leaves, bergamot oil, strawberry essence ~ no best by date
This is one of my favorites so I have several bags of it. Most of it newer than this bag. lmao Obviously we like it.

Wednesday ~ None

Thursday ~ Guardians Team Tea

Friday ~ None

Saturday ~ Smooth Sailing Mango Black Tea ~ Black tea, mango pieces, honeybush tea, calendula, mango essence ~ best by 4/2023
We both declare it: Delicious!

New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ Not much tv and a bit of reading.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Nope. It was hot & humid as Satan's taint.


Touching Nature:  Hot and humid. Storm on Tuesday evening. 2" of rain. Then more humidity and hotness. So gross out. It sprinkled a bit on Friday, but nothing worth recording. Dark and stormy with a bit of rain around 5:30pm Saturday. Didn't check rain gauge, but it was probably not much. Still really gross out. Ugh. August sucks.

Book News:  Almost finished an audiobook. Working on a tour book. I need to get crackin' on reviews.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Some Heroes on Thursday and a couple Murdoch Mysteries.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokemon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.

Randomness:   New fear level unlocked.


Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: 


That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.



Chirp
A couple Friday Freebies.





No comments:

Post a Comment