Sunday, April 19, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 340th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 339th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 341st Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Guess what?! We finished the Exterior Library bookshelves! 
Here are the last of the shelves. All that's left is to go thru the misc shit, tidy up the plastic shelves in the corner that have tools and stuff on them, sweep & mop the floor, and clean the skylights. One day we'll start going through the books, shelf by shelf, and enter them into a database while arranging them in some kind of order. Right now, they are mostly willy nilly.

These two shelves butt up against the other two.

Misc shit that needs sorting

Shelves that need tidying

In addition to finishing the bookshelves, we did shelves in my laundry room. After 20 years I have shelves above my dryer and the sink. Yay! Hubby said we should have used our homemade black walnut stain on them, but I wasn't willing to wait to do multiple coats then sand them again. lol Maybe some day we'll take them down and do that. But yeah, probably not. LOL Though Anna did use the stain on her "cat shelves" for her room. These were her idea for some enrichment for the cats. She measured, we cut and sanded then she stained and sanded and we installed. Nox is the climber so she checked them out. There's a small starter shelf to the far right (Anna's head is mostly blocking it), so the cats can go from her loft bed to the shelves. Or platforms as Anna calls them. :D
Yes, I save ice cream tubs because those fuckers 
come in handy for all sorts of stuff.




I spent all day in the kitchen on Weds doing kitchen-y things like cleaning and cutting up fruit and chops from a pork loin, baking, and cooking. I did a million dishes because I cleaned up after each thing I did. My hands hate me. I also got my taxes done. So depressing. Anyway, that's about it for my week.

Touching Nature: It's actually been pretty nice. If it weren't for the fucking wind it would have been a perfect week. I thought March was supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb? We're running behind if that's the case. We transplanted some seedlings and that's about it for touching nature this past week.

Book News: I still have nothing to report here. With luck I'll have something to report next week.

Don't Touch That Dial!: We finished Season 7 of Supernatural. Hello Charlie, goodbye Bobby, fuck you Dick. We're about in the middle of Season 8 now. And the boys and I are caught up with Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 7.

At the Flicks: Obviously nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: Level: Genius!

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I'm exhausted, so I don't have any new wisdom this week. Just stay home as much as possible, wash your hands, don't touch your face, and ignore the idiots making the news as often as you can. Do something for yourself every day, no matter how small. Because you deserve it.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once, wash your hands.




12 comments:

  1. Wow! Such an accomplishment! I've been watching your progress on FB and I have to say, this COVID Quarantine had worked out for you. All these projects y'all are getting done. I feel like we're just surviving day to day 😕.

    Have a great week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say the stars aligned for us, but that's basically what happened. Hubby got furloughed (so he had time) and we had the money for the wood. It was a storm of perfect timing. Which is, I know, a kinda fucked up thing to say, but it is what it is. If the weather cooperates the trees are next on our list. We have so much to cut still then we need to split and stack it. *sigh*

      {{{HUGS}}} to you! I know not everyone can stay busy. Or with little ones, be too busy with no break. Get outside for a walk as often as possible. Wear a large hoop skirt if necessary to keep people away.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot accomplished! I love all that book shelf space!! And the cat shelves are great! I see people doing that a lot these days! :)
    Have a great week!

    Stacy Renee | LazyDayLit

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really impressive job with that library project! I can't imagine the hours you've spent on it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the library and all the other shelves for organizing. That has to feel amazing. Now you have the space / shelves to organize the books when you want. They look great. The weather has been pretty comfortable. The nuggets of wisdom are.. wisdom.

    Stay safe and have a great week! Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been so productive! I'm tired just looking at it all, lol. I'd love all the book space...

    Your kitty is gorgeous! I love long-haired cats. They're the bet kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you’ve gotten a lot done. I love your outside library! I badly need more shelves. A lot of my books are in the closet. Good thing I don’t have many clothes. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOOOOOOOOOO! Congratulations! All of the shelves look great. You were horrifically productive, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m horribly jealous of your library, the piles of books around my house are just getting taller and taller ;)
    My husband just randomly bought shelves for our shower this week, ugly ones at that - obviously work isn’t keeping him busy enough because he has been cruising eBay.

    Wishing you a great reading week and good health

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! All of that turned out beautifully! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so productive! And everything looks fab. I really like your daughters shelves for her cat, fun idea.

    ReplyDelete