Sunday, April 26, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 341st Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 340th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Tour ~ Harrow Lake by Kat Ellis
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ The Winter of Our Distemper by Victor Catano
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Lily by Michael Thomas Ford
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 342nd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: It's been a quieter week around here and I've enjoyed it. No major projects. Just some tidying in the Exterior Library (lots more needs done), some mowing, and regular household chores. It's been relaxing. I used the Walmart online order and pick up for my groceries for the first time and it went smoothly. Other than wishing I could use my own recyclable bags I'm satisfied, so I'm doing it again this coming week. I did make a trip into BJ's for milk and other bulk items, but Trip and I were in there for only about 10 minutes before we had what we needed and hit the check out. I will need to make a quick stop at Food Lion this week for bananas. I'm very picky about those so I'll shop them myself.

Touching Nature: Finally getting Spring-like conditions on a regular basis. Now, if the pollen could tone it down, my son Kyle would appreciate it very much. Poor kid is allergic to every pollen known to Ma Nature. Which is a bummer for him, but for me, too because I can't open the windows when it's so nice out. Ah, well. I mowed on Friday, but that's all of the nature touching I did.

Book News: Not only did I finish a book, I finished three! Woot! Of course, I now have 15 reviews to write. *sigh*

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finishing up season 8 of Supernatural. I didn't remember, until I started scrolling the episode blurbs, that we actually made it through season 10 on our first watching before we stopped. Only two more episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 7. *sobs* However, The Mandalorian is supposed to come out in October. Yay!

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Do not inhale, inject, or ingest disinfectant. Unless you want to "own the libs" then don't let me stop you.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Zip

 So, um, there *may* have been some one-clicking episodes this week.
Enjoy!

Kindle Unlimited


Purchased




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.
Wash your hands.








12 comments:

  1. Getting groceries delivered has been hit and miss here. So many people are doing that, that there hasn't been any openings and none for ordering and picking up. It's a bit crazy. I'm in a similar boat for reviews needing to be written. I'll wish us both a good week ahead and getting those written! :)

    My Weekly Update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally getting groceries delivered next week - it took three weeks from when I ordered until when it could be delivered. I only leave the house for grocery shopping, so I might regret not having to go next week.
    You got some fantastic looking books! I hope you'll enjoy them all.
    Have a wonderful week ahead, stay safe and healthy.
    Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. After these times end, I am sure the life as we know would have changed. I hope that is for the good!

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had groceries delivered a few times but with trying to move we've had to leave the house more often than we would like.

    What an awesome book haul! I hope you enjoy them.

    My Post: https://stuckinthestacks.com/2020/04/26/sunday-salon-the-year-of-april-is-coming-to-an-end/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good for you to finish three books! But yes now you have to write all these reviews! LOL Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the same allergy system as Kyle. But the weather is so nice this week! I'm also banana fussy - small and green. The deliveries have been working pretty well for us. They do a good job considering they don't know my preferences. But I don't let them replace hardly anything because we have to have gluten-free.

    Wow lots of freebies! I grabbed the AC Fuller one just now.

    Stay safe and be well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wisdom made me snort, and nod my head in agreement.

    Wishing you a great reading week, be well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to finally have a slow paced week!

    We've done a couple instacart deliveries and it's worked out well enough. We got some not great tomatoes but for the most part it's good.

    Have a great week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for Kyle. Mother Nature hates me with a passion. Air conditioning and air purifiers are some of my very best friends, sigh.

    Grocery shopping online has been hit or miss, mostly miss. I still have to go into the grocery store and get fresh foods.

    Oooo, so much 1-clicking! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to open the windows - luckily no allergies here, but it's not quite warm enough. Soon! I have a slowly growing grocery list in my head again. I had to go to work last week, so picked up stuff while I was out. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to see if the Walmart online thingy has opened up yet. Despite the stores being crowded, there are never any slots open..lol Glad things are quiet there. We've never been able top open windows long here. 1. too much wind, 2 allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I randomly stopped watching Supernatural. I want to continue but now I have NO IDEA where we left off lol

    ReplyDelete