Sunday, April 12, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 339th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 338th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ The Die of Death by Kenneth B. Andersen
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight~ The Write Reads Tour: The Die of Death

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 340th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

To all who celebrate


On the Home Front: Seriously. I'm tired. lol We worked a bit on the shed, I burned brush, and hubby cut wood. I took Monday and Tuesday off from outside work and got some things done inside. Then I transplanted my marigold seedlings, we moved the kennel, and hubby put up some fencing around part of the hope-to-be garden. Grocery day was Thursday then we went to Lowe's for a few project supplies. The days are flying past. We veg out in the evening with some Supernatural then I fall into bed exhausted. We have wine about every other night. lol It's supposed to start raining here this afternoon into tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have more shed work done this week and I'll have more pics to share. In the meantime, look at the wood cutting progress:


Touching Nature: It's Spring in NC. Lots of pollen and crazy temperatures. What can I say? I burned more brush while hubby cut more trees. It's slowly being cleaned up around here. I mowed and hubby did the weed eating. 

Book News: I have nothing to report here and it's starting to piss me off. It's really nice getting projects done around the house, but I need reading time, too. I'm going to have to do something about that. I've also been super crappy about visiting other blogs. I'm just so exhausted after working on shit that I just veg in front of the boob tube. Or go to bed.

Don't Touch That Dial!: I forgot season 6 of Supernatural wasn't just Soulless Sam. It was the "can't or won't" season. FFS. Anyway, we're in Season 7, Leviathans now.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I need to trim my bangs. No worries though. I've done it plenty of times when I was too busy to get to the haircut store as the kids called it when they were little. lolol So, cut your bangs. Cut your hair. Dye it if you want. Trust me. It'll all be better by the time the stylists are back in business. If not, there's always colorful scarves, bandanas, or a funky hat.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


For Review




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm tired just looking at the work you did. So impressive. Hopefully you'll find some reading time to, as a reward for all your efforts outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're being super productive during all this! I'm being a slug. A slug that can't read because her brain is being an asshat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy bee! I admire this. It's not easy these times to stay focused and productive. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby works a lot of hours, so now's the time to get shit done. Doesn't mean I want to do it all though. lol

      Delete
  4. You are crazy busy and productive. I feel like such a slacker when I read your posts, lol. Take time to read, it's a necessity! Happy Easter!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm def crazy. And tired. We're slowing down though. Almsot done with the bookcases then it's just a matter of tidying both sheds.

      Delete
  5. You've been busy beavers! Stay safe and thanks again for your help this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're really productive I'm so impressed. I'd feel better if I was doing more. I have projects but I'm not motivated too much. I think the weather has been great! I am getting in my reading though. Have a healthy, safe week! Happy Easter!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're slowing down. Thank goodness. lol Thank you!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you have gotten a lot of work done and been very productive! I often wish I lived somewhere with more trees. We have been getting a lot of rain and are expecting more tonight. I am looking forward to the sunshine when it comes. I hope you have a good week. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees are great for shade, but they cause anxiety when it's very windy. Eek.

      Delete
  8. Well you won’t be short on wood for your fire next winter!
    I haven’t been to a hairdresser in 20+ years. My hair is curly so it’s pretty forgiving when a hack a few inches off every few months :)

    Wishing you a great reading week, good health and a Happy Easter 🐣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?! lolol I need to trim my bangs. I won't attempt anything else though.

      Delete