Sunday, March 10, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 284th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 283rd Edition
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewSecondborn by Amy A. Bartol
  • Thursday ~ Kindle ReviewHaunted and Hexed by Misty Bane
  • Saturday ~ ReviewBtVS: Season 12, Vol 1: The Reckoning by Christos Gage

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ American Gods, Vol 1: Shadows by Neil Gaiman 
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ The Green Room Chronicles
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 285th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: My computer keyboard died and I mourn it. Trip bought it for me for my birthday last year (or maybe it was 2 yrs ago) and it so colorful and I could change how the lights worked. *plays TAPS* I'm back to using my old colorful lighted keyboard with the keys all worn off. It sucks. lol I'll need to replace it soon but I guess I should wait until after my birthday on the 19th in case someone buys me one.

By the time you read this I should be in Ohio. My flight was scheduled for 7:00am and I'll be going from NC to Atlanta to OH. Wtf. lol Hopefully I'm there all safe and sound. Mom and I will be driving back to NC tomorrow and we'll swing by my big brother's house for a visit on our way.

Touching Nature: Chilly, but mostly dry, thank the Book Gods. It tried to snow Friday morning, but the effort was pathetic and almost not worth mentioning. Then it rained some Friday evening. Because we needed it. Not.


Have some daffodils

Daffodils are blooming like crazy around here. It got below freezing a few nights this week and they got a little icy (some froze completely), but still beautiful and smell amazing. Just FYI, I don't have any around our house yet (the ones we planted last year are up and trying), so I liberated these from next door where there are a ton of them. Our neighbor sold their property to a developer way back in 2004. The developer rented the house out for a couple years then gave up after police caught some people with drugs there. So they put a cable across the drive and the land is reverting back to Nature. The drive is nearly gone and the house is all grown up around it. It sits waaaaaay back in the woods, so no one gets to enjoy the flowers. So why not us? Amirite? LOL I've been walking the dogs over there every couple days to pick more flowers. The iris' should be coming up soon, too. :D This year I really need to go dig some of those up and move them to our place. I say that every year though, so...


Book News: I finished some books this week and have 3 reviews left to write. I can't seem to muster any enthusiasm for the books I'm currently reading. I blame my mood and not the books. Well, maybe I blame one of them. It's kinda dumb and FFS it is sooooo long! But I'll push through soon enough.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Started season 4 of Criminal Minds. It's still just ok for us, so we'll keep watching. It tickles me whenever JJ's William shows up because I've only ever seen him on The Punisher as John Pilgrim and I'm like...Nooooo! He's a killer, JJ! lol

At the Flicks: Captain Marvel is out! We're hoping to see it this week or maybe next.

Cyberspace Playground: None

Randomness: I don't always eat granola bars, but when I do this is the fucking truth. lol
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:



That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope


From NetGalley



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.





2 comments:

  1. Awww, you loved that keyboard! I hope you get another. Enjoy the time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your poor dead keyboard! :-( Hope you enjoyed your trip, though.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete