Friday, July 6, 2018

A Life Removed

*Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
23 May 2017
Thriller | Horror | Mystery
284 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites


Fall River, Massachusetts has a serial killer and it’s up to Detectives Bruce Marklin and Jocelyn Beaudette to find him before more bodies pile up. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a pattern to his killing and he’s getting bolder. Things really get rolling when it appears that Officer Aaron Pimental knows the killer. But are things what they seem?

A dark and twisted killer sets things in motion that he’s been planning for awhile. The detectives have a hard time getting a handle on who is doing the killing and, like most breaks in cases, an enterprising young officer stumbles upon a crucial piece of info after the detectives have exhausted all their leads. From there it’s just a race of catch me if you can before the killer gets away.

I’m not sure if I missed something, but the killer’s connection with Aaron confused me. I’m being vague because I don’t want to give away anything. Also, Aaron is really unlikeable. I just wanted to slap him most of the time. I’m not sure if that was the author’s intention, but that’s the way I ended up feeling. All-in-all this is a twisty, turny, fucked up suspense that has a surprising ending. I really didn’t see that coming.

1 comment:

  1. Jason sure can spin some twisted plots that keep you guessing. Got this on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete