Sunday, May 13, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 245th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 244th Edition
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~  Review ~ Kingsteel by Michael Meyerhofer
  • Thursday ~ ReviewWaywalkers: Broken City by J. Leigh
  • Saturday ~  Kindle Review ~ The Renegade Wife by Caroline Warfield
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 246th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This week has been all over the place. Running around for app'ts and stuff. Our beautiful daughter Anna graduated with her Associate of Science on Thursday. She's not sure what she's doing next (go on to get her BS, go to a special school for Vet Tech, something else?) and that's okay. Then yesterday a scare with my dad. He's been dealing with COPD for years and yesterday he had my mom call the paramedics because he was having a hard time breathing. After 5 nerve-racking hours of waiting, my mom called (they live in OH, we live in NC) to let me know what was going on. He has fluid building up and had to be drained. I'm picturing vampire nurses circling his bed with gleeful abandon. I may read too much paranormal. *pause* Nah! Anyway, he had this happen last year, so now they'll have a home health aide stopping by to check his...fluidicity(?) (I think I just totally made that word up) because my mom said it's hard for her to tell since she sees him everyday. She said the hospital was keeping him and she asked if they'd give him back. They said eventually. lol He may come home today, but most likely it'll be tomorrow.

Since it's Mother's Day I will not be cooking. I do not cook on my birthday or Mother's Day. I have no idea what we'll do for food. We'll probably pick something up since I do not like crowds and every restaurant will probably be packed today. I do know I have presents to open. Woot!

Touching Nature: Hot, hot, hot. 90s in May? Fuck this shit right back up Satan's anus.

Book News: So, #cockygate. That is some fucked up shit there. If you haven't heard of it, where the hell have you been? It's all over Facebook and Twitter. lol

Don't Touch That Dial!: Trip and I are still in Season 2 of The Flash. Hubby and I continue to plod along with CSI (The Original). We got stuck on a 2-parter in season 6. Hopefully get to it today to finish the 2nd part. I can't believe how many shows have been cancelled. Not that I watch regular tv, but hubby and Trip love Lucifer and it got axed.  Anna loves Brooklyn 99. Maybe Netflix will save some like they did Longmire. I will say this: I don't think it's good for any show to be on 2 or 3 weeks then be absent for 2 weeks or more before coming back for a few weeks then gone on hiatus again. How do they expect viewers to keep up with a convoluted schedule? No wonder ratings are low even for great shows!

At the Flicks: Nothing this week. Deadpool 2 and Solo are up next though.

Cyberspace Playground: I've got nothing.

Randomness: I LOL everytime I see this. 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: This world is fucking nuts. Just do the thing that makes you happy. Unless it's a felony. Don't do that. Pick something else.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing 
This streak is getting ridiculous.


Purchased ebook
On sale: $1.99


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Mom's Day! Congrats to Anne! OH No about your dad and did I miss anything...Oh Yay! To much Paranormal Romance! :)

    I'm not cooking either. I love cooking but not today.

    This weather is stupid and cockygate sucks donkey cock.

    fluidicity is totally a word now.

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Anna (my daughters middle name is Anne so I always do that) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love your nugget of wisdom this week! And the lemon post is hilarious :) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to Sunday post and I've only lived in NC about 2.5 years. I didn't do much cooking today because I worked today. Plus I've been cooking a bunch of new gluten-free recipes for my daughter this week since we think it is an issue for her. It is supposed to be 80s here after tomorrow. I'm hoping to get in some reading and more cooking as I only work every other day this week. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, on the words of wisdom and congrats to your daughter on her graduation!

    ReplyDelete