Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Moby Dick (graphic novel)

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ Moby Dick
Author ~ Herman Melville, Will Eisner
Published ~ 1 January 2003
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Classics
Pages ~ 32


My Rating ~ 3 bites

From Goodreads:
A rich, complex, highly symbolic narrative that explores the deepest reaches of our moral and metaphysical dilemma through the extraordinary tale of Captain Ahab's insane quest for the great white whale. One of America's greatest novels.

Ok, anyone not living under a rock, in a cave or with monks on a mountain top knows this is a book about a guy hunting the whale who took his leg. Or what I consider obsession. One man’s obsession to be precise and how he got himself and a bunch of guys killed because of it. Because he couldn’t take Elsa’s advice and let it go.


I’ll be the first to admit I couldn’t even read the novel. It bored me to tears when I tried. I ended up listening to the audio instead. Anyway, this graphic novel breaks that big ass book down quite nicely. The artwork is not my cup of tea, but it looks kinda old-timey as does the lettering. All-in-all not a bad adaptation.

2 comments:

  1. Might be the kind of Moby Dick book I could read. :) I actually have a really really old version of the book and it just sits real pretty on my shelf cause I tried to read it and like you I got bored...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't read it. I had the same problem with Lord of the Rings, but the audios worked much better for me. But yeah, the graphic novel does a great job of squishing it all down. LOL

      Delete