Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Too Stupid to Live

*Book source ~ NetGalley
Author ~ Anne Tenino
Publisher ~ Riptide
Published ~ 14 January 2013
Genre ~ Romance | M/m
Pages ~ 315


My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Sam is a graduate student, too gawky, awkward and clumsy with an addiction to romance novels. He’s also gay. His past relationships have been crap and his self-esteem is in the toilet. Then he meets Ian. Ian is tall, built like a brick shithouse and not relationship material. Or so he says. But when the two meet there’s something there, something worth exploring if only they can drop the baggage that’s weighing them down and start fresh.

Wow. This is a wonderfully written tale about two men with issues who stumble and bumble their way through a relationship they both want to work but end up with a lot of misunderstandings because of their past issues. However, they don’t give up and eventually they get on the same page. It’s painful to watch and yet it’s also heartwarming. I love this couple! The characters of Ian and Sam are fully developed. The rest of the characters aren’t as real to me, but that may be because the story is told from both Ian and Sam’s POV. The romance is sweet, the sex is hot and at times kinky and the characters are endearing. This is my second read by Anne Tenino and I’m not disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. heeheh brick shithouse, your humor in these reviews put a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I put a smile on your face. My job here is done. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds wonderful. I don't think I've read this author before. Interesting title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam compares life to romance novels. It's great! lol Except he refers to himself as the TSTL character. He gets over that with Ian's help. It's a wonderful story. :)

      Delete