Thursday, November 19, 2015

Together in Cyn

*Book source ~ NetGalley
Author ~ Jennifer Kacey
Publisher ~ Ellora's Cave
Published ~ 12 June 2013
Genre ~ Erotica
Pages ~ 157


My Rating ~ 2 bites

Cyn has always had the hots for twins Jared and Chris. They’ve been a part of her life for years and years, but she’s always been in the Friend Zone. Or so she thought. When Jared and Chris confront her about the fantasies in her diary her life does a 180. She learns things she never knew about them, they learn things about her they’ve only hoped for and together they plan to start a whole new phase of their relationship.

This book is fairly well-written, but it does nothing for me. I don’t care for the characters at all. In fact, I hate them. I think Cyn is a milquetoast pushover and Chris and Jared are clichéd assholes. The fact they read her diary makes them douchebags in the First Degree. Buh-bye. I’ll give credit for the inventiveness of their BDSM club named The Library and the sex scenes, but the “villain” is a caricature making an all too convenient plot device for Cyn to face her past and the ménage is blah. Color me unimpressed.

2 comments: