Sunday, September 27, 2026

AVR Weekly News ~ 666th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 665th Edition
  • Wednesday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Cast of Falcons by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Murder at the Mayfair Hotel by C.J. Archer
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: The Sun Casts No Shadow 
 
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Mischief of Rats by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 667th Edition 

Hello and Happy Sunday!
It's my 666th Sunday Post!

Any time the number 666 comes up, this is where my brain takes me. 😂

On the Home Front

Sunday ~ Did nothing of note most of the day. I did make a marble cake. Actually, I had enough batter for two cakes and 12 cupcakes. lol So, one marble cake turned out decent. Still not quite what I remember though. I put cream cheese frosting on that one. The other was more muddled. I put chocolate frosting on that. I had 5 chocolate and 5 strawberry cupcakes and 2 white. They all got strawberry frosting. Lots of sweets to eat. 😃 Leftover brats for dinner.

Monday ~ Usual morning chores. Worked on the computer (meaning I did the Wordle, checked email, and just generally farted around) until time for Rocky's vet appointment to get his 6 month ProHeart shot. Worked some more on the computer when we got back. After Trip got up and walked the dogs, we fed the critters. I had to cancel my oral surgeon app't for today because he is no longer in my network. WTAF I really liked him! This country is so fucked up. Anyway, I sent a message to my dentist asking for more recs. I picked Kyle up at the dentist's office because Anna needed to have a molar looked at that started bothering her. We did the usual DQ stop then he said he needed to go to Barnes and Noble for co-worker presents. With that errand down we headed home. Started thundering and getting dark so I closed the patio umbrella and put away the windchimes. I said if they'd pay for Zaxby's I'd pick it up, so I did that after the furries were fed and Trip walked the dogs. Watched The Mandalorian while eating then fell asleep in my chair. Woke up around 8:30pm. Turned the A/C down, tidied kitchen then watched more of The Mandalorian before heading to bed around 10:30.

Tuesday ~ Usual morning chores. Worked on computer until time for Mr. Puggles to go get his rabies vaccine. After that I woke Trip to go to Food Lion. We're in need of milk. He showered first then we hit up Waffle House to fill our bellies. Played some Pokémon GO and got a few things at Food Lion. Did not forget to get milk. lol Put stuff away, Trip walked the dogs, I fed the cats, and cut up some apples for the deer. And hopefully the crows. Did some blog work on the computer before leaving to get Kyle. Kyle decided he needed to stop at B&N again. lmao Spaghetti with sausage, garlic bread, and garlic breadsticks for dinner. Chris spent the night.

Wednesday ~ Very cool out. 50s. Got up a bit late, 9am. Oops. Rushed around doing the usual morning shit. Raining kinda hard. Looks like 1" in the rain gauge already. I wonder how long it's been raining. Got soaked walking the dogs even though I just stuck to the trees around the house. They do not like the rain so they all did their business fairly quick. Dried them on the porch before sending them inside. Had time to do the Wordle before taking Artemis to her 10:30 vet app't. She had her wellness, checked her eye pressures (they're good), got her bordetella and ProHeart 6. She was given an allergy pill that will maybe stop her constantly licking her paws and legs. Worked a bit on the computer before having Trip take the dogs out. I fed the cats. He emptied the dishwasher. I took a shower. It's raining and only 58ºF out so I decided to put on long jammie pants. I think that's the first time in long pants since late Feb or early March. lol Made Mystery Tea and had some cake as a snack. Made sausage gravy biscuits for me and Trip for dinner. Not sure what everyone else had.

Thursday ~  Still very cool out, in the 50s. Drizzly in the morning. Usual morning stuff. 1st day for Artemis's allergy pill. Worked on the computer all morning. Blah day out. Picked up Kyle at Anna's therapy app't. Got home and Trip and I fed the critters. Checked the rain gauge - 1.75" of rain over the last couple of days. Ordered Domino's because I forgot to get something out of the freezer. Anna got home and said she was too tired to go to Kyleigh's soccer game at 6:00, so I dropped Trip off then picked him back up after 7:00. They won 10-0. Wow. lol When he got home he saw Kyle had Warhammer loaded on his computer and was like...??? What are you doing? (because Kyle goes to be at 8pm lol) He said, "Getting ready to play Warhammer. I took tomorrow off." (because something to do with Warhammer released today lmao) Me: Kyle said you better get your ass ready to play. 😂 So Trip changed back into his jammies and they got their game on. They were still playing when I went to bed at midnight. 

Friday ~ Kyle took the day off as mentioned yesterday. Anna went to work. I got up around 8:30 and they were already gaming. I stopped in the doorway and said, "This is what you looked like when I went to bed last night. lolol" Did the usual morning stuff, worked on the computer a bit, got laundry going, then went to Food Lion for a few groceries. Boys were taking a gaming break, so Trip rode along. I sent Kyle a text asking about ribeyes since they were on "sale" for $12.99/lb. I said we could probably put in a Texas Roadhouse order for cheaper. But he approved a 4 pack purchase of 12 total steaks which came out to something like $145. Yikes. It's his money, so 🤷 Forgot baking potatoes so after putting the groceries in the Pilot I ran back in for those. After putting away most of the groceries, I had Domino's leftovers while watching an episode of Coroner then worked on this post for a bit before folding my clothes and a load of towels then moving laundry from dryer to basket and washer to dryer. Anna had an eye dr app't at 4pm but I didn't have to pick Kyle up because he took the day off. Woot. Leftovers for dinner. Anna spent the night at Chris's. I stayed up until 1am finishing season 2 of Coroner. I will not be watching it further. Not only is Jenny a frustrating character who does everything she can to not get better (zero growth), but I found out her new boyfriend, Liam, dies at the end of season 3 just so she can go through even more grief. Yeah, fuck that. How fucking stupid.

Saturday ~ Up around 9am. Did the usual morning stuff. Nice and cool out. After doing the Wordle and clearing out emails I started the cleaning. I cleared out old food from the fridge and washed up all the containers. Put the steaks in marinade and shoved back into the fridge. Did the rest of the dishes in the sink which was mostly just a glass cake pan and a cupcake tin with some odds and ends. Scrubbed the sink then shined it up with Bar Keeper's Friend since it had tea stains on it. Put away the groceries from the other day in the pantry and tidied it up a bit. Not too much though. I didn't want to go crazy. Swept and mopped the kitchen and main areas. Cleaned my bathroom. Blew the leaves off the back deck. Put the patio umbrella back up and brought out the windchimes again. When the boys were done with gaming long enough for a break, I did the laundry room and Trip did the litterboxes while Kyle walked the dogs. Washed petstuff and a load of towels then changed my bedstuff and washed those. Took a shower. Around 5:45 the boys finished up enough for Kyle to grill steaks. I baked potatoes in the microwave. Watched CSI: Miami while I ate and when I was done I fell asleep in my chair until 10pm when Anna called for the dogs to go out. Yikes. Cleaned up the kitchen, gave the dogs their nite-nite treat, and fed the cats. Then I finished up this post and went to bed.

Today I'll have the boys bring the Halloween tubs in from the shed so I can start decorating. I might make brownies and cookies. I have towels and bedstuff to fold an put away. I hope to relax and read at least part of the day.

Mystery Tea

Monday ~ 

Tuesday ~ Abundance Blend Green Tea ~ Sencha green tea, elderflowers, calendula, passion fruit extract ~ best by 01/2023 - emptied the bag
Smells like cut grass that's been drying in the sun for over a day. Or maybe hay. But not clover because clover smells soooo good. Timothy or alfalfa maybe. My farm upbringing is showing. I loved baling clover hay. It's one of my favorite smells. lol The tea smell after steeping is more citrusy. And tastes good.

Wednesday ~ Smooth Sailing Mango Black Tea ~ Black tea, mango pieces, honeybush tea, calendula, mango essence ~ best by 04/2023

Thursday ~ 

Friday ~ Strawberries & Cream Rose Black Tea ~ Black tea, strawberry pieces, raspberry leaf, rose petals, strawberry and vanilla essences ~ best by 04/2023 - killed the bag
This is a favorite even though I'm not a big fan of rose. It tends to overpower everything else.
Our mugs for today. 
On Trip's, the lightsabers light up with heat.
I got my mug at the thrift store last week.


New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ Probably half and half. Mostly audiobooks.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Nope. The week was rainy and/or just wet.

Touching Nature:  Hot and yucky Sun-Tues. The First Full Day of Fall sauntered in Weds all cool (58ºF) and rainy. Thurs still cool and a bit wet. Friday showed up all gorgeous and shit, but I hadn't planned on working outside. Saturday also very nice and Fall-like.

Book News:  Listening to audios and slowly reading.

Don't Touch That Dial!: The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, back to The Mandalorian, and the movie The Mandalorian and Grogu. Surfed around before trying out a show called Coroner. Not to be confused with one called The Coroner. Ok, at the end of season 2, I now hate this show. Moving on to something else. I started a CSI:Miami rewatch. Not sure how long I'll stick with it.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokémon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.

Randomness:   I found this hilarious. Sorry, not sorry.
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: It is perfectly ok to not have the energy to crush it. Or even to crinkle it. Some days it's ok to just keep it smooth and unspoiled. Or a bit crumbled. Whatever works.



That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.




Chirp
A freebie, a sale, and a sale bundle.






1 comment:

  1. OK so 3 days in a row you have dog appts? You couldn't take them at the same time? I can only stand to run errands maybe 2 or 3 days a week so I try to bundle it all together. It was the first time I wore jeans in months with the cooler weather. It's heavenly. It also is saving on the electric bills because so little air conditioning is needed. Although the solar is still strong enough that I don't have electric bills, even with charging the car. Hoping for another coolish week with a little rain but I don't think I'm getting any rain.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete