The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer.
~ Recap the past week ~
~ Show what's upcoming ~
~ Share news ~
~ Display book hauls ~
- Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 664th Edition
- Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ The Sun Casts No Shadow by Mark Richardson
- Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: Dead Teenager Movie
- Wednesday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Cast of Falcons by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
- Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Murder at the Mayfair Hotel by C.J. Archer
- Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: The Sun Casts No Shadow
- Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 666th Edition 👿😮😆
Hello and Happy Sunday!
On the Home Front
Sunday ~ Anna's 29th birthday. She didn't get home from their weekend trip until almost 9pm. We decided to do birthday cake and presents tomorrow. I lazed most of the day. I did make her a pineapple upside down cake though. Trip did her turn of cleaning the bathroom as a birthday present. lol Leftovers for us for dinner.
Monday ~ Um. I forgot to update daily so I don't remember what I did. {right before scheduling this post on Saturday} Oh! I remember now. I finished my BBNYA 10K word excerpts. Yay! Kyle paid for Anna's birthday dinner of Crab & Catch - a local Japanese restaurant. She ordered online and I picked it up. We thought about eating there, but everyone was tired. Food was delicious. We did presents and cake in the evening.
Tuesday ~ Up at 7 to make sure my morning shit was done before the call from Social Security at 9am. Call was on time. Lady was a bit snotty. But everything was sorted out. I'm told Trip is back on disability. I asked when he would get paid (his last payment was Feb) and she said she was working on it. Since she was a bit snotty I didn't want to have it clarified and I let it go. Did blog work and other misc shit on the computer. Picked Kyle up at work. Anna's app't was cancelled due to a medical issue, so she went to Chris's to hang out. Breakfast casserole for dinner. When Anna came home she ate her Crab & Catch leftovers.
Wednesday ~ Gorgeous out, nice breeze and not too hot. Mowed. Trip did the weedeating. Not much for him to do. The grass was not super tall, but because of the dew, it was wet so I was having to clear the gunk from under the mower. About 95% of what I mowed was in the shade. Nice timing on my part. Filled diesel can at Circle K, filled Kubota, went back to refill diesel can and went to BJ's to fill the Pilot. Showered. Leftovers. I was working on some financial stuff when I noticed Trip's back pay of disability pending in his account for tomorrow. Wow! She wasn't kidding when she said she was working on it. I can't tell you what a relief it was to see that. I honestly thought I'd end up on more phone calls with SSI, but not so. Yay! In fact, I logged into his SS account (even though I hadn't rec'd an email telling me there was an update) and it showed him getting his back pay and the date for his next payment. And guess what? They finally raised his monthly beyond the yearly increase for inflation. It's about fucking time. I told them back in Nov 2024 that his dad was no longer living here as per the rules that we have to report any household changes. I made fresh rice for Anna's leftover spam, put a pizza in the oven for the boys, and I had leftover breakfast casserole.
Thursday ~ Grocery and errand day. Hit the drive thru at CVS before stopping at the new Savers Thrift Store by Walmart. Huge. So many clothes. I bought a Star Wars Rebel Alliance coffee mug, some earrings, and a really solid wooden stand for pet bowls that I will sand and clear coat for Sugarcube and Captain Kirk. Since we were right there we stopped in at evil Walmart so Trip could look at Funkos and I could get the yogurt that Anna likes. Food Lion carries the brand but not the flavor. From there we went to B&N so Trip could spend a little money and then he treated me to lunch at San Marcos next door. Hit up BJ's next. Got the propane tanks filled first then went in to get groceries. Last stop was Food Lion. I was tired by then and wasn't going to go, but figured I'd get it out of the way. Got home and we carried everything in and I put shit away before heading out a bit early to pick up Kyle at Anna's therapy app't. I stopped to fill up his car first at BJ's. Since Anna and Trip were going to Kyleigh's first soccer game at 6pm I made a quick dinner of scrambled eggs and toast for Anna and Kyle and an omelet for Trip. I ate the last of the breakfast casserole with some fresh tomatoes from our plants while watching The Mandalorian. Fell asleep in my chair. Woke up around 8:00ish. Anna said Kyleigh's team won. 🎉⚽
Friday ~ Inside work today since it's so fucking hot. Worked all morning on the computer then for the afternoon I did dishes (mostly pots and pans), cleaned the sink, cleaned out both fridges, made cookies (the package kind), folded clothes and towels, put more towels in to launder, put away the litter from yesterday's shopping in the cabinet on the back deck and was just finishing when the sky opened up and poured down the rain. It rained so hard it came under the overhang a bit and got my feet wet. Just prior to this the wind had picked up so I put the patio umbrella down and put away the windchimes. I made a Chicken Pad Thai meal I bought at BJ's, but it had mushrooms so no one else would eat it. Which I knew they wouldn't. hehe It was pretty tasty, but too much for me to eat it all. Chris came to spend the night and brought take out for Anna and himself. I have no idea what the boys ate. Kyle said he was just going to eat cookies, but I don't know if that's what he did. lol I finished an audiobook and started another.
Saturday ~ Very humid, but a bit cooler at 80º instead of the 94º it was yesterday. Chris had to work today so I heard the Ring go off at about 4:30am. I didn't get up until 8. Worked on this post for awhile and did the Wordle before finally getting a move on for cleaning day. And laundry. Anna's turn for litterboxes. Got laundry room done. Put patio umbrella back up and windchimes. I wish we would get a little bit of a breeze so I can hear them, but it's been breezeless for a long time except for yesterday and that was a bit too much. I don't want them hitting the metal hooks and breaking. Did my bathroom. Folded towels. Put another load of towels in to launder. Washed petstuff. I sure do a lot of fucking laundry. Trip needs to strip his bed and do his bedstuff. I'll help him do that this week since Anna will probably want to do hers tomorrow after Kyle does his laundry. Pillow cases and blankets in the living room should be done again soon. It's been awhile. And I still haven't taken down my Pride stuff from June or the red-wh-blue stuff from July. lol I'll just wait now until the end of the month when we put up the Halloween stuff. Kyle grilled brats for dinner.
Today Probably not much. Although I want to make a marble cake. A true marble cake imho. When I was growing up, mom always ordered my birthday cake from Buehler's, a family-owned grocery chain in NE Ohio. The cake was marble with chocolate, white, and strawberry with white traditional frosting. And it always had daffodils and pussy willows on it because my birthday is in March and those were my favorite. Anyway, I've found that no place makes a traditional marble cake anymore. So I'm going to. I bought 3 cake mixes (instead of splitting one and adding different flavors), so I'll have leftover batter. I can make cupcakes which is not a big deal. I've never actually attempted a marble cake before, so this will be a learning experience. I also need to get caught up on my blog visiting.
Mystery Tea
Monday ~
Tuesday ~
Wednesday ~ Pears and Cinnamon Herbal Tea ~ Rooibos tea, apple pieces, cinnamon chips, lucerne leaf, calendula, pear essence ~ best by 10/2023
This smells and tastes delicious.
Thursday ~
Friday ~ Queen's Blend Green Tea ~ Green tea, apple pieces, orange peel, blue cornflowers, calendula, bergamot oil, lemon and vanilla essences ~ no best by date
We've had this before and like it.
Saturday ~ Tarheels tea then Guardians tea
New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ Half-n-half
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Mowed.
Touching Nature: Slowly got hot, humid, and yucky. Friday so gross until it rained and cooled off a bit. Still humid though.
Book News: Mostly finishing audios. Wrote no reviews.
Don't Touch That Dial!: The Mandalorian. Contemplating a Star Wars rewatch. Though Trip said he's going to do that. We may try for this coming week. If it rains like the forecast says. We'll play it by ear.
At the Flicks: Nope.
Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokémon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.
Randomness: I'm thinking this might be a future project. I have a LOT of bricks.
Randomness: I'm thinking this might be a future project. I have a LOT of bricks.
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: There's no law that says you have to get a birthday cake for your birthday. You can do any special treat that suits you. Currently, I like the mini-bundts at Nothing Bundt Cakes. But I've had pineapple bars, 7-Layer cookies, homemade cake, giant cookies, cupcakes, etc. Whatever takes my fancy. On the flip side, there's also no law that says you have to wait for a special occasion to have a "birthday" cake. Go in the store and buy one any damn time you want. Ok, maybe not too often. That's a lot of sugar.
That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
Chirp
Bought a sale book and picked up 2 freebies.









No comments:
Post a Comment