Sunday, September 13, 2026

AVR Weekly News ~ 664th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 663rd Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Audiobook Review ~ The Ink Witch by Lindsay Sparks
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Once Gone by Blake Pierce
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: The Last Rift Dragon
 
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ The Sun Casts No Shadow by Mark Richardson
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Cast of Falcons by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
  • Friday ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR: Dead Teenager Movie 
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 665th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!




I don't think the lady at Food Lion does cakes very often. lol


On the Home Front

Sunday ~ Up after 9am, but the dogs went out really late and I went to bed after midnight, so understandable. Lazy morning. Though I did get the furnace filters changed and cleaned the ceiling fan blades. I have 11 ceiling fans. lol Nancy showed up a bit before noon to do the dogs' nails. After she left I cleaned the air purifiers. Ate a yogurt then caught up on Instagram messages while waiting for Trip to get done with a battle. When he was done we went out to feed critters while Kyle walked the dogs. Folded 2 baskets of towels then showered. Leftovers

Monday ~ Labor Day. Nice weather!  Did very little. Watched tv. Leftovers

Tuesday ~ Temperature not too bad. Mowed lawn, too tall and wet, it took fucking forever. Trip did the weedeating. So much sweating even though it really wasn't that awful out. Trip showered then I did. Washed clothes. Changed bedstuff and washed. Picked up Kyle at work. I made Hamburger Helper for boys, frozen pizza for me, Anna got take out, and Chris ate the last steak.

Wednesday ~ Humid. Trip and I cleared by the original shed. I was just going to have him move the old countertop to the burning pile, but once I got that out of the way, I decided to just clean up the whole side. There were weeds, brambles, various lengths of cedar trees/branches, etc. Got it all tidied. Should have worn my bandana. Stupid sweat. Then Trip used the Kubota to dig at a stump by the bird feeders while I cleaned off porch. We stopped to have lunch at Waffle House then showered after we got back home. I made lasagna for dinner.

Completely forgot to take before picture.

Thursday ~ Humid. Trip finished stump. It only took about 15 minutes. lol I had him push the dirt in the hole, and we raked it smooth. Trip showered. We went to Academy Sports for deer corn, dropped off mail to the wasband and picked up Anna's birthday card from him, went to Blue Ribbon for lunch, Lowe's, BJ's, Dollar Tree, and Five Below. Put additional ant bait traps outside. I picked up Kyle at Anna's therapy place. Trip ate his BR leftovers, I made rice and spam for Anna, washed pile of dishes and pans, had some rice and spam for dinner.

No more stump.

Friday ~ Gross outside. Kyle took day off. Anna off. Chris off. lol Anna and Chris left for their mountain AirBnB reservation for Anna's birthday weekend. I had Kyle drive the Kubota while Trip and I picked up rocks and sticks around the yard. Maybe now I can mow without continually kicking shit out of my way. Trip and I made a quick run to Food Lion. Yesterday I got some railing hooks for the windchimes I bought at the Farmer's Market at Carolina Beach last year, so I finally hung them on the back deck. Washed dishes. Cleaned my bathroom. Made Hamburger Helper for boys. Showered. I bought a pack of Kevin's Korean BBQ-style chicken and had that for my dinner. It was ok. Watched several episodes of The Mandalorian and fell asleep in my chair.



Saturday ~ Got up a bit later than usual, but the dogs went out late, so all good. After walking them I started on the laundry room. Kyle's turn for litterboxes. He was already up, but I needed to clean the cat water fountain first so he had to wait to do his part. We eventually got all that done. I pulled up kitchen rugs, used the dust mop and then mopped. Washed petstuff, rugs, and towels. Vacuumed other rugs, office, and bedroom. Folded my bedstuff from earlier in the week. Changed out of cleaning clothes. Played some Pokémon since it was Community Day. Cleared out emails. Read 2 of the 10 10K word excerpts for BBNYA. Both really good. 8 to go before Monday's deadline. Kyle grilled Italian sausages for dinner. Haven't seen any ants in the house today.

Today Anna's 29th birthday. Her presents were supposed to be here Friday. Not happy. Not sure what time she'll be home, but I have her cake from Food Lion. She also wanted a pineapple upside down cake, so I'll make that. I'll need to finish my BBNYA excerpts.

Mystery Tea

Monday ~ Nope

Tuesday ~ Nope

Wednesday ~ Nope

Thursday ~ Nope

Friday ~ Nope

I'm sad we were too busy this week for Mystery Tea.
New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ Nope. Watched a LOT of tv.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No. I did sweat excessively while working outside.
Tidy up outside ~ Yes. Checked a few things off my mile-long list. 

Touching Nature:  Week started out nice, but got progressively hotter and more humid. So gross by Saturday.

Book News:  Not much here.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finished Jessica Jones S:2. I forgot how stupid this season was. Ugh. Daredevil S:3, also ugh. What a whiny bitch Murdoch is. But a great Big Boss fight at the end. Punisher S:2 delivers. Hated the whole Russo arc. FFS! Fast forwarded through all his bullshit. Great season otherwise. Then I found out that Foggy dies in season 1 of Daredevil: Born Again. WHAT?! So fuck that. I'm not watching any of it. That's just bullshit. They should have killed the supremely annoying Karen Page. And I can't stomach watching whiny ass bitches Trish Walker and Jessica, so I'm skipping Jessica Jones S:3. Ok, I just remembered that Punisher is in 2 episodes of Daredevil: Born Again, so I may just watch those 2. We'll see. I need a show to watch when I eat dinner, so I'm rewatching The Mandalorian for now. But I think I'll be reading in the evenings again. Looking forward to it. 

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokémon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.

Randomness:   Bonus if you remember this episode of ST:TNG.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: When it comes to an actual rainy day there are things you can save until then. However, if you are saving things for a metaphorical rainy day or "perfect" day, then don't. Eat the things. Use the things. Wear the things. Do the things. Go see the things. Don't wait too long to savor the things that bring you joy or you could end up regretting it.

ALSO!! Be warned!
Scumbag Elon Musk has created a skeevy website designed to get your personal information. It's called votesafe.org. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS! It is NOT an official voter site. The official voting site is vote.gov. You can also go to vote.org. Or you can go to your state's official website. I check my voting status (and my kids) every couple of weeks. Just to make sure I (we) haven't been purged.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.




Chirp
Friday Freebies got me with a single freebie and 2 bundles.








5 comments:

  1. I also check our voter registration every couple weeks. Another hot and busy chore week here in NC. I hope in a week or two we are into the normal temps. 80s aren't too bad.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that yard work definitely counts as exercise!
    I hope Anna enjoyed her cake,
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Anna! That cake is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Anna! I turn 29 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Anna. You had another busy week. I did read about that Musk voter site. Makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete