Monday, August 5, 2024

Dead To Me ~ Audiobook Review


Seeing dead people and solving their murders is Darby Adler's bread and butter.

What's not on the menu?

A nosy Fed poking around her crime scenes who seems to know a hell of a lot more than he's saying--especially about the ghosts surrounding Darby and the murderer who's desperate for her attention.

Book source ~ Purchased at Chirp
Graver Talker, #1
Annie Anderson ~ Author
Cassandra Parker ~ Narrator
7 December 2020
Paranormal | Mystery
5 hours 53 minutes

My Rating ~ 3 Bites


Darby Adler is a no-nonsense detective. She’s also paranormal - she can see ghosts. When an old school acquaintance is murdered and it looks like whoever did it is trying to set up Darby as the murderer, Darby and her partner/best friend Jay have to find the real killer before all hell breaks loose. Like, literally.


The narrator for this is pretty good, but too slow for my tastes so I sped it up to 1.5x just to get through it. The writing is mediocre with some good stuff thrown in. It’s an interesting world with some decent characters. However, there are things that are never explained and I hope they are in book 2, otherwise that’s just sloppy and lazy as fuck. So, this book is a bit rough with enough good stuff to keep my interest. I’ll tackle book 2 at some point just to see if I get my answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment