Sunday, November 19, 2023

AVR Weekly News ~ 517th Edition


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

 
  • Monday ~ BBNYA Spotlight ~ The Ghost in the Flames by Seann Barbour
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 518th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!



On the Home Front: Busy week doing calls, appts, paperwork, and basically all kinds of stuff that I hate doing.

Monday ~ Trip to town to get papers notarized then dropped off at UPS store to send out. Also picked up pet food and noticed the pet store name has changed and they renovated the exterior. Looks nice!

Tuesday ~ Dentist appt. for a cleaning. It's been 2 weeks since I had two huge molars pulled and the sites are healing nicely. Trip and I stopped at Office Depot to pick up a new office chair for Kyle who has never had a new chair of his own. He's had something like 4 chairs, all hand-me-downs. lol Then we got haircuts.

Wednesday ~ Cleaned out the original shed built in 2001. Holy fuck it was jam packed with so much shit. You know, the "this might come in useful one day" shit. Not anymore. We filled a 55 gallon recycling can, have a huge pile of wood to burn, and filled 5 large garbage bags. It took all day, but there is now room to store the stuff I need to bring home from the farm.

Thursday ~ Grocery pick up.

Friday ~ Didn't do much of anything. I think I'm still recovering from Wednesday. Hubby's 10 day vacation starts.

Saturday ~ Cleaning day. Did a few small projects. Watched some old sci-fi movies. Kyle's 9 day vacation starts.

Sunday ~ I hope to engage and win Battle VI of Leafageddon. The large oak trees out back have blown their load all over the back yard, house roof, and deck. Anna's 8 day vacation starts.

Touching Nature: Chilly at night, warm during the day. So I've had the heat on in the morning to take the chill off before turning on the A/C in the evening to cool the house down again. I wish it would fucking decide what to do. Although, if I could open windows that would help. Unfortunately, Kyle is allergic to every single pollen known to Ma Nature and we're not quite into a pollen-free winter yet. Hubby, Trip, and I cleaned out the original shed.

Book News: I finished my 50th book and completed my Goodreads challenge for this year. I had originally set a goal for 100, but when the year went to shit I dropped it to 50. Even then I didn't think I would make it. All those audiobooks during my many Ohio trips carried that goal to the finish line.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finally finished Lucifer. I forgot how emotional Season 6 is! Now I need to find something else to watch on days hubby is working. We aren't watching anything together at the moment, but Christmas movies are on the agenda after Thanksgiving. Last night we watched Alien, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and The Black Hole. I'd never seen the first two (2001 is a seriously weirdasfuck movie), but my oldest brother took me and my two cousins to the theater to see the last one. We were about 11 I think.  Then he regretted it because we asked too many questions. LOL

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Solitaire, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  


Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: 

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

3 comments:

  1. Great work on the cleanup in the shed. I have some cleaning to do myself, as well as another leaf battle. I actually depleted both batteries yesterday which has never happened. Have a great week with so many off work, and hopefully some yummy food.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the shed cleanup! And good luck on the leaf battle. Mr. Bookwyrm will be battling leaves next weekend, I think. (I hope! If they aren't too wet.) I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving week, and you get some quiet time to yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dealing with Leafageddon too. My parents have fruit trees that make giant messes every fall. It's so much raking. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete