Sunday, August 20, 2023

AVR Weekly News ~ 505th Edition


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme AVR Weekly News ~ 504th Edition
  • Friday 8/11 ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Ultimate Tour: The Stranded & The Exiled
 
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 506th Edition


On the Home Front: 

So, Anna and I went to Ohio last weekend which is why there was no Sunday post. My oldest brother was there and we went through more stuff and got things more organized for the auction. Hubby and I are going up this coming weekend and hopefully that will be the last trip until Thanksgiving. We're taking our trailer to bring more things back to NC. I'm so tired. I can't believe Thursday marked 1 month since mom died. I keep reaching for my iPad to see if she's messaged me and I don't know how many times I thought: I need to call mom as soon as I sit down this evening. It sucks. I know I've said this before but I'll say it again: Thank goodness for my brothers and my sis-in-law. I don't know what I'd do without them.

In other news, we have a foster dog named Scrappy. He was abandoned at the vet Anna works at and had been there 4 months. The Humane Society took him over Monday and we are fostering him. It has been an exhausting week. We had introduced him to our dogs on 2 other occasions, but him being on their home turf caused some issues. I've had to watch everyone like a hawk and I haven't been getting anything done. The last day or so though things have settled a bit. Now I'm trying to work on his resource guarding and the constant humping of things especially Artemis. I honestly wish she would just snap at him instead of walking away. He turned 2 on Thursday and he still has a lot of puppy in him even though he's a big boi. And more energy than I can summon at this point. I hope he can find his furever home soon because we're not ideally set up to be a foster. I really wish I had a fenced in yard so I can throw the ball for him and work off some of that energy.

I know I've been slacking on the visiting and commenting and I want to thank everyone who has done so on my blog. I've seen the comments but everything is just so overwhelming right now. I'm not reading. I'm doing the bare basics of living. The rest of the time I mindlessly play games on my phone and iPad. I know it will pass. At least, I hope so.

Touching Nature: Mostly hot and humid. Been nice the last couple of days though. I've mowed and I want to burn brush today.

Book News: I haven't read a single thing. I do have some reviews to write but haven't felt like it.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Solitaire, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I got nothin' right now.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope


For Review
Many thanks to Red Adept Publishing



For Review
Many thanks to The Write Reads



Purchased with Kindle credits





Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

Nope


4 comments:

  1. I lost my Mom in 2020. I can so relate to reflexively wanting to call her and share news earlier after the loss. Now I just wish so much I could discuss some things with her. I also couldn't focus or read for at least three months after she died. Take care of yourself. Hugs and prayers as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sunday Post: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/08/20/sunday-post-back-home/

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry but take the time you need for yourself. You are braver than me. We just have the one small, adorable, very well-behaved dog and even though fostering sounds good we just can't do it. We don't have the energy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. That not being able to text or call our dead loved ones is the worst. My sister and I texted ALL DAY LONG and it's almost been a year and I STILL find myself reaching for my phone now and then. And then just today I got a super cute shower curtain with cats on it and wanted to send a picture to my mom, but she died in January. Can't show it to my sister or my mom! Ugh. Thank God for my internet pals. LOL

    Hang in there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete