Sunday, April 16, 2023

AVR Weekly News ~ 490th Edition


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 489th Edition
  • Monday ~ Tour SpotlightDark Eyes: White Lies by M.R. Noble
  • Wednesday ~ Tour ReviewCursed in Love by Zoe Ashwood
 
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA2022 Finalists 7 & 6
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 491st Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: 
  • Sunday - Relaxed. Mostly.
  • Monday - Drove to Ohio
  • Tuesday - Friday - Helped mom clean out cupboards, closets, & drawers at the farm. Donated 6 bags of clothes, coats, and shoes. Moved around furniture, got some supplies. I took her to Target where she bought a Ninja Foodie to purée her food. We tested it out at the farm. It works perfect for what she needs! She can't wait to start experimenting with foods. My brother put in her 30 day notice to the Inn. She's going home next month. Weds she got an iron infusion and an Opdivo infusion (immunotherapy) then we went shopping. It was a productive and tiring week.
  • Saturday - My eldest spawn showed up mid-morning with my youngest spawn's computer that he built. Visited with him for a bit then we went to The Inn to see mom.  I took my leave of everyone around 12:30 then got on the road. I stopped in Kidron at Lehman's for some old-fashioned candy then made my way to the highway. I rolled into our drive at 9:00pm. Guys helped my unload the Pilot then the furries mobbed me. I guess the humans were glad to see me, too. LOL I'm disappointed I was driving during Pokemon Community Day. I really wanted some shiny Togetics.
  • Today - I've filled all my feeders (my Tiny Patrons were chirping at me to hurry up! yes the hummingbirds are back! Yay!) and I'm tidying up the house and stuff from having the guys in charge. lolol Kyle is so happy with his computer. He can't wait to take it for a test spin. He has to download Steam and some other stuff first. He's giving his "old" (if 2 yrs is old) computer, that George also built, to his dad, so he's setting that up, too. He said he's stuck doing administrative work when he wants to fire up a game and see how badass it is. lmao
Mom's week: I kept her super busy. LOL Her weight is still at 121, but she's eating well, has more energy, and does well with her cane. Hell, she didn't use her cane at all at the farm. Just zipped around with no issues. Even the one step from the back porch to the kitchen, and the one step from the kitchen to the living room she negotiated with relative ease. Don't worry, there are grab bars everywhere. She's disappointed she hasn't gained more weight, but the oncologist's PA said that a body is like a factory, burning calories to operate. But when you are in treatment the factory goes into overtime and it burns more calories than you realize. So even though she's eating more and gaining, if she wants to gain faster she'll need to increase her calories. Which makes sense.

Touching Nature: The weather was so fucking nice! I opened a bunch of windows in the farmhouse and aired the place out.

Book News: I started and finished an audiobook on the way up. Then finished an ebook. Just one when I wanted to read several, but I kept falling asleep in my La-Z-Boy each evening. lol Then I started and nearly finished another audio on the drive back. I don't think I have much left of that one.

Don't Touch That Dial!:  Obviously I wasn't home to watch Murdoch Mysteries with hubby, but we're in season 8 now.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Zen Match, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  I feel seen.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:  Live each day to the fullest in what ever way works for you.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

Nope

5 comments:

  1. It's great your mom is doing better and can go home. I'm also really glad to hear there are grab bars. Now some time for you to be home and relax just a bit.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief that she's doing so much better. It was scary for awhile there. I wish I could relax for a bit. lol So much to do here!

      Delete
  2. Glad it was a good week for Mom and productive.

    ReplyDelete