Sunday, April 9, 2023

AVR Weekly News ~ 489th Edition


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 488th Edition
  • Monday ~ Review ~ The Prisoner of Fear by Chad Miller
  • Wednesday ~ Tour ReviewThe Thirteenth Hour by Trudie Skies
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA Finalists 9 & 8
 
  • Monday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ Dark Eyes: White Lies by M.R. Noble
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Review ~ Cursed in Love by Zoe Ashwood
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 490th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Happy Easter!
On the Home Front: 
  • Sunday - Mostly sat on my ass all day. Hubby and I watched a lot of Murdoch Mysteries. I felt like a slug.
  • Monday - Took Kyle to work. Trip had a psych appt in the morning then I dropped Anna off at the airport in the afternoon. She's heading to Arizona to see her boyfriend, DJ, and then they are going to Hawaii to see his family. She'll be gone all month. 
  • Tuesday - Took Kyle to work. Worked on the computer (blog posts, went thru emails, paid bills, etc). Nancy came in the afternoon to do the dogs' nails.
  • Wednesday -  Took Kyle to work. Did the First Mowing of the Season. Trip did the weedeating.  The weeds are at least all one size now.
  • Thursday - Took Kyle to work. Grocery pick up. Made grilled cheese sandwiches on sourdough bread for dinner. I don't think I'll ever use regular ol' bread again for those. lol
  • Friday -  Kyle and hubby took the day off. Hubby and I went to lunch at Chili's then over to Bed Bath & Beyond to see what was left. Not much. We did pick up a bunch of blankets, pillowcases, and other odds and ends. Sunday is their last day. Finished Anna's taxes.
  • Saturday - Cleaning. Blog stuff. Hamburger Helper for dinner. I don't like it, but the guys do. One of Trip's last two fish died. Now it's alone. Ok, no it's not. We went to PetSmart and he picked up three friends for it. 
  • Today - Hopefully reading? May hit up BBB again to see what's left. I seriously need to block off some time for blog visiting.
Mom's week: Had a good week. Gaining weight and getting stronger. Iron levels are up, too. She'll have another immunotherapy infusion this Weds. She's developing some red spots on her arms and legs so they will need to check those in case they are a reaction to the treatment. Hopefully not since she's doing well with it otherwise.

Touching Nature: Hotish, hot, hotter (80s) then rain moved in and it cooled right the fuck down. Like between 30 and 40º cooler. Mother Nature be trippin'.

Book News: There's nothing to see here reading-wise. I did hit up a really large Indie Author sale and picked up a bunch of books (see below) and a few *cough cough* others (mostly from my KU list that were on sale) with birthday money I've been hoarding. I still have money to spend though so I'll need to do some more shopping.

Don't Touch That Dial!:  Murdoch Mysteries season 7.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Zen Match, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:  Menopause is the devil.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope



NetGalley
I had forgotten I requested this!



Purchased on Sale
99¢











Picked up during Narratess's Indie Author Sale. 
She's having another one in August.
Some were free, some were 99¢, some a bit more.
Some may still be on sale so check them out!









Freebies
Free at time of drafting
Gaze twice, click once.



2 comments:

  1. I came so close to buying those Annette Marie books on sale but I usually listen to the audio versions. Busy week. I wouldn't have known BBB was having issues until I read your post. We just don't go out shopping usually. I hope your Mom continues to do well.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete