Sunday, February 26, 2023

AVR Weekly News ~ 483rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 482nd Edition
  • Wednesday ~ Tour SpotlightHaven by Ceril N. Domace
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA Finalists 15 & 14
 
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ Oil and Dust by Jami Fairleigh
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 484th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

My grandaughter's birthday was Wednesday.
Happy 9th Birthday, Kyleigh! 
(not her cake, she just likes horses)

On the Home Front: 
  • Sunday - So tired from the late night at the Hurricanes Stadium Series game. I am officially no longer a night owl. I like my sleep. It'd be different if I could sleep in, but the furries don't allow it.
  • Monday - Hubby and Kyle were off for President's Day. We cut down the tree right out front, next to the shitty porch. We used a tow strap and a chain hooked to the Pilot's hitch and when hubby had the cuts done with the chainsaw he gave me the signal and I pulled, gently. It fell according to plan. Whew. Got it all cleaned up and then it was shower and jammy time.
  • Tuesday - In the morning I spent an hour scrubbing leashes and  harnesses then hung them out front on the porch. It was sunny and breezy so they dried fairly quickly which is good because that was a slightly disturbing sight. lol
  • Wednesday - My morning was taken up with taking Jess to her consult with the oral surgeon. Worked on the blog in the afternoon. 
  • Thursday - Grocery pick up. I scraped off my peeling Buffy sticker from the Pilot and replaced it with a new one. Then added a gnome, 4 Ocean, and Save the Bees stickers.
  • Friday - Trip and I worked outside. We cleaned and tidied the front raised bed and then moved things out of the way out back so hubby can dig around with the Kubota. We plan to build some raised beds there for veggies. Which reminds me, I need to order block from Lowe's.
  • Saturday - Cleaning. Played Pokemon. Kyle bought Texas Roadhouse for dinner so, with leftovers, I don't have to cook all weekend. Woot!
  • Today - I plan on relaxing and maybe working on my blog. I'd like to read for awhile. I'll see if I can make that happen.
Mom's week: Mom had a very rough week. She had started taking iron pills the weekend before and she believes they made her sick. The same thing happened to her last summer when she was taking the pills, so she stopped taking them. In a few days she felt a whole lot better. Her appetite came back, the acid reflux abated, and she stopped throwing up her food. So, we're fairly confident that iron pills do not agree with her.  Then on Tuesday she got word that her last sibling, my Aunt Barb (92), was probably not going to make it another day. She died in her sleep over night. My mom (the youngest) is now the last one standing of 11. Well, I guess 12 since the baby boy after her died not long after he was born and then her mom died. Mom was 2. Then she found out Aunt Barb had been diagnosed with Parkinsons and that made 3 siblings with it so she started freaking out a bit. Understandable. She asked the head nurse about it and was reassured that she does not show any signs of Parkinsons. She'll be going to get another CT scan tomorrow and then a follow up with the oncologist on Tuesday. She's nervous about that on top of everything else. But she's still doing her exercising and even bought a pedometer so she can count her steps. On the plus side, my bro had a new washer put in for her. Her old one crapped out when we were there in October. And while the wash tubs and old machine were out he had a plumber put in new pipes because those were from when mom and dad had a wringer washer. So, yeah. It all looks great now.

Touching Nature: Warm most of the week and 83 on Thursday. In February?! WTAF. No. Just, no. Luckily, it dropped back to the 60s on Friday but then it was chilly, cloudy then rainy on Saturday. Trip and I worked outside Friday morning just so I'd feel like we accomplished something and hadn't wasted the nice weather.

Book News: Nothing to report here. I did manage to read a little bit, but that's it.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Cold Case season 5. We need to start thinking about what to watch next. Maybe Murdoch Mysteries which we didn't know was still on the air. WTF we thought it was gone like in 2015 or so.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Zen Match, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:  Make time for reading.


That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope



Freebies
*Free at time of drafting.*
Gaze twice, click once.




2 comments:

  1. Busy week. You are always accomplishing things in your home and yard. I'm sorry for your Mom's troubles.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not accomplishing things fast enough. lol
      Thanks! Let's hope this week is better.

      Delete