Saturday, November 12, 2022

A Life Unraveled

Kindergarten teacher Lily Gallo is a happily married mother of three who considers her life perfect… until the day she’s brutally assaulted while out on a run. When the town’s high school football hero is arrested for the attack, Lily’s family suffers retaliation from local sports fans.

Recovering from her injuries, Lily wraps herself in an opioid cloud. Later, a barely avoided tragedy motivates her to flush the narcotics. But her return to sobriety is overshadowed by unnerving memory lapses and her husband’s growing mistrust.

As unremembered events become more disturbing, Lily is convinced that she’s being stalked. Though her attacker started the destruction of her life, someone else is determined to finish it.


Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voulntary and honest.
22 March 2022
Women's Fiction | Mystery
316 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites


Lily Gallo is a Kindergarten teacher, a wife, and a mother of three. Life is pretty good until one morning she’s visciously assaulted while out on her usual run. This man wanted to hurt her and then kill her. But she fought back. After she’s left for dead, she’s lucky to be found and rushed to the hospital. That’s when her life really starts to unravel.


Holy shit. This book. This book will rock you to the soul. I read it two months ago and while I’m finally writing up the review now (real life is sometimes a bitch) I didn’t even need to go skim for a refresher. It has stuck itself front and center in my brainpan. It starts out with this brutal assault that will make your heart beat in fight or flight mode. Then the aftermath is so horrible it makes you cringe. And then it makes you mad. I was so mad reading this. Why are people this way? Because this isn’t just a fictional book. We all know this shit happens in real life. Ugh. Anyway…


The plot, the dialogue, Lily’s struggles, all are so well-written! Lily could be any one of us. Well, not me. Not the running part. I don’t run. If I’m running you better get moving because something is either chasing me or about to blow up. Even then I might just say fuck it and declare it’s been a good life. In any case, pick up this book. Seriously. If you like an author who puts characters and readers through the wringer then do not pass this one up.



No comments:

Post a Comment